Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

The AFC West...er worst?

Congrats to the Chargers for doing what they needed to in order to stay in the race. The Broncos have blown 2 huge opportunities to clinch the division. Next week is for everything....division....playoffs....

SD got what they wanted.

Can the Broncos beat them again?

Favorite Answer

The AFC West is bad, but people banging on the West should remember how bad the AFC East was just last year and for much of the Patriots dynasty.

The Chargers look as though they are firing on all cylinders. They have nothing to lose, given that Denver has been expecting to lock up the division for weeks.

I'm trying to stay positive, but the Broncos defense is dreadful. They have lost too many playmakers, and the offense can't put up enough points.

I think San Diego wins, but I'll certainly be hoping otherwise. Although a date with Peyton Manning scares me too. He's owned Denver.

EDIT: I think the AFC East did improve. The Dolphins look like a different team. Favre gave the Jets a boost on offense. Buffalo is still a work in progress. Playing the West helps, but from 1-15 to likely 11-5 is more than those out-of-division games.

The AFC West had to play the very competitive NFC South too, which at one point looked poised to send three teams to the playoffs, now 2 for certain.

I don't think it'll happen. Sorry man.

The Broncos and Chargers are essentially the same team in my opinion - huge offenses, crappy defenses, young, talented QB's, but the Chargers have a major advantage - I trust their running game a lot more. Of course, if the Broncos didn't manage to injure 38 runningbacks this season, I may have a different opinion, but that isn't the case.

The Broncos would need this game to be a shootout - Cutler VS Rivers. Being completely honest, if the game went like that, it'd be a much more interesting game. High scoring, exciting, and another early chapter for two young QB's with a lot of potential in a bitter divisional showdown - and this ones for a playoff spot.

However, if the Chargers are smart, they'll run the ball against a porous defense, play clock control, and keep Cutler, Royal, and Marshall on the sidelines. The Chargers have a more balanced offense, but I'd trust Cutler and those receivers against arguably the worst pass defense in the league more so than I would Rivers and his cast against the Broncos. However, if the Chargers can get LTD involved running the ball, and win the time of possession battle by a landslide, the Broncos would not be able to find a groove offensively, and their defense would get worn down quickly. However, if the Chargers turn this into a shootout, I think the Broncos take it.+

PS - if it makes you feel any better, I think the NFC West is worse than the AFC West.

Crash - Do you think the East improved that much? Or do you think they benefitted by playing the AFC and NFC West? If any division had that schedule, I'd expect every team to finish .500 or better - it should be an easy 5 or 6 wins in those 8 games. Then you get another 2 or 3 in the division, and you're at least at .500..... granted each team (Pats aside) did improve a lot, but I think i would still rank the AFC East as one of the 4 worst divisions in the NFL.

• facer

i don't think of it will happen. Sorry guy. The Broncos and Chargers are in reality the comparable team in my view - extensive offenses, crappy defenses, youthful, gifted QB's, however the Chargers have a significant earnings - I believe their working interest lots extra. of direction, if the Broncos did not be able to injure 38 runningbacks this season, i'm going to have a different opinion, yet that may not the case. The Broncos might desire this interest to be a shootout - Cutler VS Rivers. Being thoroughly truthful, if the sport went like that, it would be a much extra exciting interest. extreme scoring, exciting, and yet another early financial disaster for 2 youthful QB's with a great style of potential in a bitter divisional showdown - and this ones for a playoff spot. although, if the Chargers are smart, they're going to run the ball against a porous protection, play clock administration, and save Cutler, Royal, and Marshall on the sidelines. The Chargers have a extra balanced offense, yet i might believe Cutler and those receivers against arguably the worst bypass protection in the league extra so than i might Rivers and his forged against the Broncos. although, if the Chargers can get LTD in touch working the ball, and win the time of possession conflict by ability of a landslide, the Broncos would not have the potential to detect a groove offensively, and their protection might get worn down quickly. although, if the Chargers turn this right into a shootout, i think of the Broncos take it.+ playstation - if it makes you sense any further useful, i think of the NFC West is worse than the AFC West. Crash - Do you think of the East better that lots? Or do you think of they benefitted by ability of taking part in the AFC and NFC West? If any branch had that schedule, i might assume each and every team to end .500 or extra useful - it incredibly is going to likely be an worry-free 5 or 6 wins in those 8 video games. then you definately get yet another 2 or 3 in the branch, and you're a minimum of at .500..... granted each and every team (Pats aside) did advance lots, yet i think of i might nonetheless rank the AFC East as between the 4 worst divisions in the NFL.

The AFC West is filled with a bunch of young players who have great potential. Just look at the Chiefs. The Raiders will turn things around in a couple years, and by then Rivers and V. Jackson will be in their primes. They may be the worst right now, but in the future they will be one of the most competitive divisions. You just watch.

I don't think the AFC west the WORST.

The NFC West and the NFC North are pretty porous divisions as well.

As for your question, I think that the Chargers and the Broncos are a very evenly matched team, but based on momentum and home field advantage, I would, in all honesty, have to say that SD will pull this one off.

I doubt it.

Although both teams suck, SD has the momentum and they have home field advantage. Sd will roast the Broncos D and win that game 37-24 or something like that.

SD will get spanked by the Colts in the first round though.

• I think it will all depend which Broncos team shows up to play. They have got to stop turning the ball over and the defense has got to step it up.

It will be a tough one for Denver, SD is not going to make this an easy game for them but if they bring their A game and don't give the game away like they seem to like do then yes I think they can win.

I think it comes down to who wants it more.

I hear all these pundits saying you need to play your best football in December heading into the playoffs, and the Chargers have just done that.

Rivers and company will get the win they need. I think they have gotten momentum at the right time, and it will be used to their advantage.

we can beat them if we run the ball

we did well yesterday till we had pj pope then he got injured and we just pass until the end

hope pj pope will be back he was doing well and can help us winning