1. Before fry meat or fish ,dry the meat pieces with kitchen paper so that can prevent spitting during cooking.
2. When making soup, to absorb the grease that settles to the top, place a leaf of lettuce on the top of soup while cooking.
3. Sprinkle a little salt in your frying pan before cooking to keep the grease from splattering.
4. After making a soup, add some ice cubes and the fat will congeal around them so you can remove fat with a spoon. You may need to reheat a little when you are done. Then you can eat the soup which has less fat.
5. Putting one to two tablespoons of vinegar on your meat helps in tenderizing the meat while you are cooking.
6. If you add too much salt to a soup or stew, drop in a raw potato and boil for 5 minutes. When you remove the potato, the overt salty taste will be gone.
7. When you cook spaghetti, add a pinch of soda bicarbonate to spaghetti sauce to remove any acid taste from the tomatoes. 當你煮義大利麵時,加一小撮蘇打碳酸氫鹽在義大利面醬可除去番茄的酸味。
8. Before you cook the vegetable, dry the vegetable can keep its fresh and green.煮菜時先將菜瀝乾,可保持菜的青脆度