United States Military Academy at West point, vs. harvard, vs. yale, vs. princeton?

I'm having a hard time deciding which school to go too. My friends seem to think that West point is the better of the four, simply because it's military. Do businesses really go for west point grads over harvard grads and yale grads?

I mean harvard seems to gear everything towards business success, while west point is more military. Is harvard the way to go?

Favorite Answer

If you don't know for sure that you want to go to West Point, you don't want to go. I say this as someone whose brother graduated from there. Life at USMA isn't like life at Harvard plus you have to wear a uniform - it is quite regimented, as a military training program. Four years of it being told when to go to bed, when to wake up, what to wear, how to spend your recreational time, and how to spend your summer breaks away from academia. And then you have the several years of obligatory service in the armed forces afterwards. If you want to dabble in an interest in the military because your friends are interested, get involved in a Junior ROTC program.