HDTV help. Buying guide, cables, HD tuners/receivers?

So im lost. I mean when does the extra spending end? Give me a firm price im tired of add ons and prolongations. TV price is not bad at all, good deals. But all these add ons have me going crazy. TV original price is 599.99. But now i found out i have to buy some sort of HD receiver/tuner box and beging using... show more So im lost. I mean when does the extra spending end? Give me a firm price im tired of add ons and prolongations.

TV price is not bad at all, good deals. But all these add ons have me going crazy. TV original price is 599.99.

But now i found out i have to buy some sort of HD receiver/tuner box and beging using service from a company that offers full HDTV channeling, so what is the price of that, what do i actually need. According to store, my HDTV will give me the same results as my old "tube" TV if i dont do these necessary changes.

And these HDMI and cables? The TV only comes with a power cable. To start viewing true HD quality pictures from my carrier on my TV what cables do i need?