my ipod nano 4g is frozen!!?

my ipod nano is frozen....the screen is on and shows the artist and song, has now playing in the left corner but the pause symbol in the right. Will not go to itunes when hooked up to computer, cant turn it off at all or cannot reboot by holding menu/center buttons...nothing works....any ideas? thanks

Best Answer

That happened to my 1g before..i know 1g pathetic.. Well anyway i thought my iPod was gone forever. I left it sit for a day or two then i came back to it. Pressed a button and it worked. I literally was shocked. =) and excited. Hopefully yours turns out the same way. I also heard of holding the menu and play/pause button.Oh by the way i think i made mine do that by going through the songs ways to fast, switching them. When did yours freeze up?

Happy Holidays ♫♪

okay that used to happen to me a lot. What I did was: 1. move the hold button at the top back and forth. 2. press and hold down the center and menu button at the SAME TIME. wait 10 seconds, but if it doesnt work in 10 sec just wait a day or so. If none of these tips help go HERE: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/nano4gen...

Source(s): I hate my crappy ipod and it does that to me all the time. :[

This had happened to me before; hold down the Menu button and the middle button (the middle circle.. the OK button.. whatever you know it as) at the same time with one hand. While you are doing this, keep flipping the Hold switch back and forth. After a while, a black screen should apear with an apple on it. Press OK to exit this screen. Good luck! :)

Try switching the hold button on and off and then hold down the menu and the center button down simultaneously until you see the Apple screen come up.

Source(s): The instuction booklet that came with the iPod.

hold the menu and play/pause button at the same time for about 15-20 sec. if nothing happens leave it on and let the battery drain.

plug it into a power source not your computer and power it up.

good luck

Take it to an Apple store, Do a reservation online for a Genius. They can Help.

press the center and top button or center and bottom button for an amount of time until it restarts.

Source(s): its Hapende to me

Leave it alone for a day or two.

It happened to me ..

I left it for a day & it recovered.

if not. hold the menu & play/pause button..

MINE HAS BLANKED OUT COMPLETLY .

=(

Call Apple's support hotline at 1 (800) 275-2273.

They have excellent customer service support, so your best bet is to call them and let them help you out.

You can also go to their support site if you so desire.

http://www.apple.com/support/

leave it until it runs out of life/battery.

then it will work once you charge it up on the computer :]

Source(s): happens all the time D: