Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsChemistry · 1 decade ago

oxidation in chemistry.3Ag2S(s)+2AL(s)-->6Ag(s)+AL2S3(s)?

a)state the charge(oxidation number) on each ion in each of the compounds listed.

b)identify the oxidized reactant and the reduced reactant.

• Dr.A
    Favorite Answer

3 Ag2S + 2 Al >> 6 Ag + Al2S3

reactants :

Ag +1 and S -2

Al 0

products

Ag 0

Al +3

S -2

S spectator ion

Ag goes from +1 to 0 reduced reactant

Al goes from 0 to +3 oxidized reactant

We stay in the west coast of Scotland. i'm the only service of the canine financially, however the entire kin facilitates out with feeding and walking etc. if i bypass out. fortunately fleas and ticks have by no skill been lots of a issue for me. for with regard to the ten years I even have owned canines I purely keep in mind one case the place my canine picked up fleas. I purely taken care of it with Frontline and the issue grew to become into without postpone resolved. all over returned I have been given a badly cared for puppy who had some fleas on her even regardless of the incontrovertible fact that it did no longer take long to type that out the two. even whilst i grew to become into youthful i do no longer keep in mind greater effective than one or 2 of my dad's canines ever catching fleas.