Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

why do women think that if my ex husband afford a car like that then he can pay more child support?

i pay my support that the Judge sets, and i make cuts in my life to afford a nice car! so i dont see where my ex wife thinks i need to pay more cuz i drive a nice car!

why do women think this way?

• Cham
    Best Answer

It has everything to do with jealousy, envy, and spitefulness.

Child support is not meant to provide for half of the costs of raising the child. According to the USDA Expenditures of Families on Children, the average support for one child that a parent should pay is 348.00 per month.

It's not a sacrifice to raise your kids, so don't sit here and try to pump up mom's who are doing what they are SUPPOSED to do if they have primary custody of a child. I've raised my daughter alone and I don't expect kudos for fulfilling my obligation to this child, nor would I expect obscene child support payments from her mother just because I could do it.

If you cannot afford the financial aspect of parenting, then you need to make a choice.

A. Send the parent to the one who can instead of being selfish and trying to control the man through his child.

B. Adjust your lifestyle to trim your budget so that you can afford being the primary parent.

this is a part of life where the woman have you by the nads and the court system always favors the woman.the courts could care less that your trying to get on with your life.even if your paying your c/s.your ex is money hungry and her seeing you drive a nice car makes her think that your making more money.if she does bring you back to court and your making more money they will make you pay more.but if your not making more money they will question you on how you could afford such a nice ride.will probably not believe your making the same amount of money and will award her more anyways.its a no win situation.you are doomed to not have a life more than just paying your c/s.

Source(s): been there done it.

If you are paying what the courts require you to pay....then who cares what kind of car you drive...if you are fulfilling your obligations...apparently your ex has some issues....why people can't just move on and not care what the ex does is beyond me....some people love staying bitter....and making things miserable for others....

Because the paltry sums the court requires in most cases does not even come close to paying what is required to raise a child......sell the car...take care of your kids.....geeeezus.

Thumbs down to the truth....lol...WOW.

Not all women think this way. It is dependent upon the personality of the individual. And keep in mind you are the one who chose her.

Wanting more and getting it is two different things. She has to should there's at least a 20% difference before a motion can be filed.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DadsHouse/

Your child support is based on your income, not what you have left over after you get everything you want. YOU should have thought about this before you made babies. its too late now and you will have to pay til their 18th birthday and even after then ,,if they choose to go to college.

Are you a man or a woman?

Any-whoo, sounds like the ex is feeling like you are doing better than she is, and might be a little jelly. I would talk to your lawyer.

Jealousy, bitterness, and the fact that she probably has to make more sacrifice than you with time, money, and freedom. But then if you want to have children that's what you get!

cause she's a beach