Girls riding bikes??? What do you think?

I have been wanting a street/sport bike for the longest time....and im dead serious about it...My family says girls need to stick to what they know...Im very girly not so much high maintnance but still at the same time..i love an adrenalin rush, Im about to become a cop, i love sports, boxing and football... show more I have been wanting a street/sport bike for the longest time....and im dead serious about it...My family says girls need to stick to what they know...Im very girly not so much high maintnance but still at the same time..i love an adrenalin rush, Im about to become a cop, i love sports, boxing and football especially, I have been bungee jumping twice and sky diving once....owning a bike is one of the things I NEED to do before I call it a lifetime! I keep hearing different things like as far as what type of bike to get...Now, im just confused more than anything....what do you think...am I dumb? Or just being myself and what type of bike would you recomend for a female 5'2" 145-150 lbs.??

Answers from mature people that KNOW what they're talking about preferably please...