How to plan my Backpacking Trip?

In two years i plan to take 2-3 of my friends to go backpacking with me in Argentina for the summer. Im not exactly sure where were planning on starting out, but were definately flying out of Buenos Aires once were done. Can someone give me some advice on planning this? I've never gone on a backpacking... show more In two years i plan to take 2-3 of my friends to go backpacking with me in Argentina for the summer. Im not exactly sure where were planning on starting out, but were definately flying out of Buenos Aires once were done. Can someone give me some advice on planning this?
I've never gone on a backpacking trip this extensive, so anything will help.
Update: Eliana, im from North Carolina in the U.S. and it is winter right now. When i go, i plan to possibly start in Cordoba and make my way down to Buenos Aires, which i hope can be accomplished within the summer of 2010. While im there i hope to look at both the natural and culture aspects of Argentina, so seeing the... show more Eliana, im from North Carolina in the U.S. and it is winter right now. When i go, i plan to possibly start in Cordoba and make my way down to Buenos Aires, which i hope can be accomplished within the summer of 2010. While im there i hope to look at both the natural and culture aspects of Argentina, so seeing the Iguazu Falls would be cool to see.
My friend is Argentinian and he still has alot of family in Buenos Aires, so thats what got me wanting to go.