Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 decade ago

How to plan my Backpacking Trip?

In two years i plan to take 2-3 of my friends to go backpacking with me in Argentina for the summer. Im not exactly sure where were planning on starting out, but were definately flying out of Buenos Aires once were done. Can someone give me some advice on planning this?

I've never gone on a backpacking trip this extensive, so anything will help.

Eliana, im from North Carolina in the U.S. and it is winter right now. When i go, i plan to possibly start in Cordoba and make my way down to Buenos Aires, which i hope can be accomplished within the summer of 2010. While im there i hope to look at both the natural and culture aspects of Argentina, so seeing the Iguazu Falls would be cool to see.

My friend is Argentinian and he still has alot of family in Buenos Aires, so thats what got me wanting to go.

Favorite Answer

try looking on line for backpacking/hiking trails, Argentina. I just got back from one in Ireland and found lots of info just on the countries website as well as many backpacker websites with maps, etc. Have a safe and fun trip!

I'm from Argentina and I know much of the country. Where are you from? We are in summer now, when is yours? Where are you planing to go? The North is very hot in the summer. The northwest is beautiful, I know that many foreigners go to Mendoza. The south is great (Patagonia). In the Northeast we have the Iguazu Falls. Cordoba is wonderful. Buenos Aires is cool, but I love nature.

plan to be in certain cities at different times and everything else you should explore...ask locals what is good or fun to do to actually live like them and get the full experience of a new culture..

it can be quite expensive, but long distance coaches are the best form of transport - just remember to take some food with you because they don't stop that often!