Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

According to you, what are some good side dishes with Tandoori chicken?

I have been thinking about trying the Tandoori chicken and I am wondering what should I have with it. You may post recipes too.

Favorite Answer

To start with, you need a dip. The Tandoori Chicken is dry, that's why we have Chicken Tikka Masala.

I like to make dip of yogurt fresh lime peppermint and honey

You need a Salad old fashioned Kachumber will serve good as a salad and side.

Makhni Palak Paneer (Buttery spinach and cheese) always goes good with Tandoori Chicken. For bread, you do need Naan. I like Peshawar Naan as it would go good with Mint yogurt also.

Don't forget Gajar Halwa and Garam Masal Chai to close out the dinner.

Sorry I did not give any recipes. You can find them on any reputable website including: http://www.IndiaCurry.com

• Sharon

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axFAP

Depending upon your tastes and if you would prefer the actual "Indian" version or the many americanized ones, there are several ones that can be googled online. As for the authentic one it is a base of plain(unsweetened)yogurt to which pureed red hot chilis and red bell pepper are added along with tumeric, coriander, garlic, onion, salt and pepper(preferable green kernels ground) and a bit of garam masala. This makes a thick dark salmon colored paste that is spicy and creamy and is slathered on the whole pieces of chicken that are skewered and lowered into a kiln-like pot in the ground. When done the chicken should look charred a little and is succulent and coated with the creamy "indian" barbecue sauce. I have been traditionally served this dish with an assortment of roasted and spiced vegetables and a couscous like side. Always there was plenty of flatbread and some more of the plain yogurt called 'lebne' and mint leaves and nuts and dried fruits. Make your own and ajust the hot red chilis in balance with the sweet red bells according to your/guests tastes and have fun with it.

Tandoori is traditionally served with Naan bread and not rice. Dhal (lentil) Makhani which is a red bean lentil dish, A fresh cucumber salad with tomato, cilantro and bermuda onions (try some cachumber) and wedges of fresh lime. A little cilantro chutney or mint chutney might go nicely but I wouldn't serve a sweet chutney with it.

Source(s): Own an Indian restaurant

Try having steamed chick peas with a chutney topping on the side or basmati rice steamed with a handful of dried mushrooms and a bit of coconut milk added to the water. Namaste&Enjoy :)

Normally i would just say fruit, but i think both. I really like the sugariness of the fruits but i love the tart and kick the produce bring

A salad with lettuce, tomatoes and onions and yogurt made by adding salt, cilantro and green chilies.

sorry chick i'm a vegetarian.... i answer you any other query .............