Went sledding with ankle socks, now my ankles are swollen?

I just went sledding outside, and i forgot to put on my knee-high socks used for skiing, and went out with my ankle socks on. I got snow on my ankles, and they got extremely wet and cold for about 30 mins

Now, they're red and a bit swollen, but i can still feel them.

do i have frostbite? I'm really scared, but its not turning green or anything.

Any remedies or tips??

Thanks a whole bunch

Favorite Answer

Put your long socks on - maybe two pair, and cover up your feet and legs. You'll be fine - thirty minutes will not give you frostbite - they would be white if frostbitten. They are not a toe or finger - that is usually the first place someone gets frostbite.

sounds like frost bite. warm gently, don't rub .Skin is cold and your body has sent extra blood and fluids to this area (swelling). skin doesn't usually turn green for a while , Have a parent check if swelling doesn't go down in an hour or so. If you were fairly active then your circulation may have helped you.

My sister and I used to go snowbank jumping until our jeans froze up to our hips, it's funny how when your having fun you don't notice little things like frostbite... BTW we survived with out too much damage

• Lisa

Warm them up. Don't submerse them in hot water though. Warm water, put some clean & warm & dry socks on.

dip them in hot water for about 15 minutes.