Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Is Mel Gibson Australian or American by birth I was always led to believe he's Australian?

I thought he made his name in America, please help solve this disagreement thanks

Favorite Answer

Mel Gibson was born in the US, then his family moved to Australia, which is where he grew up.

• R. T.

I believe he's Australian.

His early movies were made in Australia, no? Mad Max, I think that was made in Australia. Back when he was young and good looking. So he started his career there and then really became a megastar when he came to the U.S.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): mel gibson australian american birth led 39 australian: https://bitly.im/HVpCf

He was born in

Peekskill, New York, United States

"American-born, Australian-raised actor"

• Liz

He is Australian. He became famous by acting in America for the most part.

No he first acted in Australian films such as "Gallipoli" based on the Australia ANZACS fighting in World War 1 and "Mad Max".

it depends...