No offense, but it is moral for people to have 18 kids due to religious beliefs?

I'm not trying to ruin the party but I noticed this news story about the mother of the Duggar family giving birth to her 18th child (and wanting even more). Their website appears to suggest that their religious views scorn birth control and promote giving birth to as many children as possible. Their website... show more I'm not trying to ruin the party but I noticed this news story about the mother of the Duggar family giving birth to her 18th child (and wanting even more). Their website appears to suggest that their religious views scorn birth control and promote giving birth to as many children as possible.

Their website ( http://www.duggarfamily.com/ ) reads:

"We are so grateful to God to announce that Michelle is expecting our 18th child, due in January of 2009!
Psalm 127 says, Lo children are a heritage of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is His reward.” We believe that each child is a special gift from God and we are thankful to Him for each one."

Their family seems well cared for and genuinely loved for but I continue to get uncomfortable about their "as many humans as possible" idea. Is it moral for people to have so many children, especially considering how overpopulated the planet already is ? Is it possible to even give those kids the attention they need ? Is it right for religion to promote extremely large families ?

Maybe I'm just full of crap but I'm wondering if anyone else gets a sense of discomfort upon reading of such stories.
Update: I'm not bashing the family, if you read my question folks. Nor am I saying that it should be illegal. I'm just wondering what others think about the idea of continuously having kids and opposing contraception over religious beliefs.
Update 2: The Apostle: I don't legislate morals.
Update 3: God Bless War: "Leave other people's bodies alone!"

I do, you little cad. Discomfort over an idea does not mean I seek to control others. I respect individual liberty.