$$$$$$$$$$ asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

What happened to JJ????????????????????

First off, I am not a fan of this guy, I just have a question.

How can JJ Reddick go from being the top college player on one of the top teams to having to pull splinters out of his a$$ siting on the bench in the NBA???

Are they not giving him a chance? I see this happening to tyler hansborough(sp?) next year.

I hate duke and i hated jj at duke but he didn't suck, so whats the problem?

• Bijan
    Favorite Answer

he's good offensively but i think his coach doesn't play him that much coz he's such a defensive liability on the court. ive seen him play and he does a good job laterally but the guards in the nba are just too strong for him to guard all the way to the hole and for a team that needs a defensive perimeter player like Orlando it cannot afford to have jj on the court plus they're pretty loaded at the 2 spot and i think thats why they got pietrus coz they need his D. the addition of courtney lee would also mean jj would get maybe even less mins that he's getting now since lee's been playing well. i guess jj would be a better fit with the gsw or knicks and maybe the suns off the bench.

oh and he was really good at duke coz they had plays especially made for him coz he was the go to guy there unlike in Orlando they have dh12 hedo and rashard to go to first : D

Right after Reddick got drafted, he broke his leg. That is hard to bounce back from. Its not a knee or a muscle. Its the leg. You do a lot on it and foot work in shooting takes abdominal and leg strength. On the other hand , the coach might believe that he does not fit in with the system. He and Jerryd Bayless are in the same boat with their respective teams. Two great scorers and knock-down shooters can't get a glimpse of the court. It stinks because I am a good shooter the best on my team but I never get a play called for my shot. So how can I get more confident in myself and my shot if I never see it in a game. Anyway. JJ Reddick will bounce back . There are teams that need a shooter( eg. Miami, Philadelphia, Washington DC.)

Source(s): Romans 10:9-10 (English Standard Version) 9because, if(A) you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and(B) believe in your heart(C) that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved

Finally! Now some People listen to This JJ Question But Never Mine!, eh anyways, JJ Is a Great Player he has alot more talent Then just Shooting, he can pass Go in For the layup, Get Steals sometimes. But They never Play Him! Courtney Lee Has Taken His Spot,

1# JJ Redick Fan,

Hope i Helped Peace!

He has no playing time at all, with his shooting ability he should be on a team that needs him and get more playing time. He is actually more ahtletic than people believe he has a 34 inch vertical thats above average for a guard in the nba. And i believe those benched are plastic not wood so i dont think he has splinters in his **** yet.

i totally see hansborough not doin good in the nba...hes not athletic at all Beasley should have got the player of the year award not him

and ya JJ should be able to do good

hes like Reggie Miller and ray Allen

they dont give him a chance

its like they know hes good but cant fit him into the lineup but dont want anyone else to have him because they know hes good

dats bcuz jj is only a shooter. dats it, they aint lettn his azz shoot 4 nuttn n da nba lke they dd in college, but i dnt lke duke niether but i do lke carolina and srry 2 agree but hansborough is pprobably goin 2 b the sme nxt year 2, 4 a lil while.

Guess he was not ready for the NBA yet. He was a great college player, i don't know what happened. And the injury he had his rookie season didn't help him either.

I think they aren't giving him a chance!

He should enter the 3 pt contest to prove that he is still a great 3 pt shooter!

get him to a team that shoots a lot like NYK and hes gonna score.

all he can do is shoot 3's. his defense is poor and he's not the strongest guy on the court. gerry mcnamara is wayyyyy better too.