Goose asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Who else besides Taylor as Jacob Black.?

If. If, Taylor Lautner isn't re-cast as Jacob Black who do you think would be good to take over the role. Keeping in mind all the changes in appearance Jacob goes through in New Moon and Eclipse.

Favorite Answer

Lautner 'Fighting For Role' In New Moon

17 December 2008 4:16 AM, PST

Twilight star Taylor Lautner is reportedly battling to play Jacob Black in the hit film's sequel New Moon - after rival actors Michael Copon and Ben Barnes showed an interest in taking over the role.

Lautner played the Native American character in the box office smash, and was expected to continue his portrayal of the part in the movie's highly anticipated follow-up - in which Black becomes a pivotal character.

But moviemaker Chris Weitz, who has taken over the director's chair from Twilight's Catherine Hardwicke, is planning to offer the part to a more established actor, according to industry reports.

Prince Caspian star Barnes and Scorpion King 2 actor Copon are reportedly both in the running to take over from Lautner.

And a representative for the franchise admits the film's castings are not yet set in stone.

A spokesperson tells MTV, "The casting decision in regards to the character Jacob Black has yet to be made."

Source(s): Check out their pictures: Ben Barnes: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1602660/ Micheal Copon: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178757/

I agree that Taylor should continue being Jacob, however I see your point with the changes things.. He does get quite large.. I'm not sure who I would want to take Taylor's spot.. No one I suppose. They've already changed a lot within the movie, so I suppose Jacob not growing is another change that people will just have to deal with.

Source(s): .. If they don't re-cast him of cousre.

I think Michael Copon would be good... I know everyone loves Taylor Lautner... but I just feel that he may be too young and too small for the role...

Maybe they should have Taylor in the first half and then an older looking person that looks similar to him can take over after he goes through his growth spurt....

I don't know who, I'd have to do some extensive looking, but I would not choose Taylor Lautner again. I didn't think he fit the part at all. I mean, he appeared Native American, but that was all they got right in my opinion. I thought they did ok with most of the other characters , of course everyone has their own ideals, but I thought he was one of the worst.

Theres not really anyone that can be just like Taylor, but it would be really hard to keep him becasue of his size. He is way to small to be a muscular 6 foot something werewolf.

NO !!

i want Taylor to stay....he makes a fantastic jacob...no one else should be Jacob but him.