In Grand Theft Auto IV, is Niko Bellic Russian?

I have had a couple of arguments with my friends and i really want to know this answer. In the game Grand theft Auto IV, Niko only said he was from Eastern Europe, is his nationality Russian? If not, what is he?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Niko Bellic (born 1978 in Yugoslavia) is the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto IV. He has a strong Eastern European accent and is of Serbian descent.

Niko was born in Yugoslavia and grew up in Bosnia. His father was a bully who never believed in whilst his mother, Milica, was unhappy that her son grew up in such a harsh place. Niko had a brother who was killed, although it is not stated how or when. He had wanted to be an astronaut but in the war-torn Bosnia this was impossible.

He fought during the Bosnian War as an "angry" teenager, where he witnessed and committed numerous atrocities, leading to his cynical view on life. Niko was almost killed in 1998 when the fifteen man unit he was in were ambushed, with twelve of his friends killed in the attack. Only he, Florian Cravic and Darko Brevic, who had betrayed the unit, survived. He knew that he was not the betrayer, so the only two options were Darko and Florian.

Work was hard to come by following the war, although Niko did not leave, he began working in the criminal underworld for the next ten years. He also continued his search to discover who ambushed his army unit, until his arrest. After being released from prison, he began working for a human trafficking ring under the orders of Rodislav Bulgarin. When a boat sank in the Adriatic during one smuggling run into Italy, Niko managed to swim to safety, although everything else was lost. Rodislav Bulgarin blamed the sinking on Niko, stating he had sunk the ship intentionally to escape with the money. Bulgarin was too powerful to fight back against, and so Niko joined the merchant navy.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

In Grand Theft Auto IV, is Niko Bellic Russian?

I have had a couple of arguments with my friends and i really want to know this answer. In the game Grand theft Auto IV, Niko only said he was from Eastern Europe, is his nationality Russian? If not, what is he?

Source(s): grand theft auto iv niko bellic russian: https://shortly.im/67e3i
  • 4 years ago

Niko Gta 4

• 6 years ago

Russian

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Gta 4 Niko

• 1 decade ago
    Source(s): Google!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No Nico is not Russian !!! Nico from Horvatija

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes he is russian I know that for a fact!!

• 1 decade ago

i am pretty sure that he is not russian

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.