Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

whats wrong with the r&b music industry today(females)?

its like who cares about talent if you have big boobs,nice figure,big butt and a pretty face ok we will give you a record deal. ciara,cassie, and those other stupid hos cant sing a lick they are only there for there looks and poppin it in music videos. the days with aaliyah,monica,brandy,mya,swv,702,total and the rest of the talented singer in the 90's that was music at its best but now.......its just girls in million dollar outfits and pumps shaking there tailfeather in music videos and most of them cant sing.

Favorite Answer

Because the music industry has become very commercialized. Its all about the ''look''. If you take a day to listen to your local r&b/hip hop station you will notice the same 10 songs playing over and over and over and over again. The songs just talk about sleeping around, I got your girl, I want you, cheating, etc. True...not many of them have any talent whatsoever but their record labels labelize them as se* symbols and it sales and makes these companies million if not billions of dollars. For me, I couldn't even tell you the latest hits right now, I do not listen to that stuff on the radio..it bores me. I listen to my cds from the 90's- Mariah carey, Tupac, Aaliyah, Michael Jackson......they r worth listening to even if its been so long it sounds much better than todays music- in my opinion.

I totally agree, if you have talent that should be

the only thing people are interested. If you can

sing beautifully then people want to hear that not

see talentless people dressing up as hookers &

prancing around on stage. I totally 100% agree.

But of course Hollywood portrays that image to

millions around the world that if your pretty that's

all that matters. If you haven't noticed people with

AMAZING voices are less famous than people

with big boobs and show a lot of skin. People

who actually take their music seriously don't get

as much time in the spotlight and I think it's time

that has got to change cause it's bizarre !

I totally agree, especially because i am a girl and i belive that " shakin ya tail feather, and wearing slutty outfits" is tottaly discusting! Today, most men are watching videos about women having affaris with men and making love and " winding and grinding up on a pole", I HATE IT! I listen to only country music now adays because there arent Dumb people ( well... mostly...)in the country buisenes. I think the answer to your question would be: PEOPLE ARE NASTY PERVS.

i THOUGHT WOMEN SHOULD CARRY DIGNITY AND SELF LOVE, BUT I HAVE BEEN MARKED WRONG WAY WRONG.....GIRLS JUST DONT CARE FOR THEIR INNER FEELINGS

Source(s): MY HEART

so glad someone sees eye to eye on me on this. Im only 16 but i have alllllll thouse artirst you named on there on my iPod. I can't stand RnB today, if i talk about how much i like Aaliyah in my class the kids say she suxs to piss me off and say Rihanna is better wtf. (but it dousn't bother me because they can even name one aaliyah song because they so young and dumb.) And my 10 year old sister like Rihanna and shes think shes a better singer then mariah carey. like wtf douse she know lol and Rihanna is the best in the world like wtf is that. I hate to say this but even Beyonce is a little over ratted, like i never liked her band DC and TLC was wayyyy better then them. what ever if aaliyah was still alive to day we all know she would blow all this other chicks out off the box same with the other people on here. But it takes Brandy and Monica forever to make a CD. (i don't like mya sorry) and all the bands broke up:'( you should of put TLC on that list to. And there are some good singers out there today but they don't get high album sales because most people would rather see some girl shake her ***. Today i like Keyshia Cole thow she gets me throw this crappy time with we call 2008 and 2009 mostley likely

(sorry for poor spelling)

It is business. It is also exactly what is wrong with the society in our country. I completely agree with you-- it's disgusting. And as a feminist, it is just about the most irritating thing in the world. Have we no shame? Apparently not.

i agree

female r&b singers were way better back in the 90's

but one of the few talented r&b singers out there that i really like their music is keri hilson

People have their own opinions. Its business. Its do what you can to attract attention or go out of business.

The music marketplace is often searching for the subsequent great sell, and in spite of sells is going in ranges. interior the mid 90s ska punk had impulsively gained some acceptance interior the mainstream till now the craze wore out and ska went back to underground. interior the previous due 90s, MTV began to alter it particularly is format and boy bands began to become commonly used, alongside with Britany Spears, Christina Agulera. Pop music had a goldrush and so what do you think of the checklist labels are thinking approximately, milk pop music marketplace for all you get out of it. Grunge/determination rock had it particularly is run, now it became time for brand spanking new area. right this moment, boy bands are not any greater around, yet EMO is everywhere. it particularly is the hot fling, in some years from now it is going to likely be something diverse. the final analysis right it particularly is which you additionally can call the music marketplace the music "company" with an emphesis on company from the checklist labels' attitude. i do no longer think of rock will ever die although, it nonetheless sell great time on the line. there's a extensive Virgin checklist label music pageant which would be occurring in Baltimore in August that could have Chris Cornell, Incubus, the Police, and the Smashing Pumpkins between different properly commonplace acts. I additionally think of which you will eiher sit down back and look at what you think of is incorrect with the music marketplace, yet I additionally believe which you will constantly discover some form of music which you like, according to hazard a greater cutting-edge that isn't be on the leading fringe of acceptance with that huge form a million hit single interior the US, yet keeps to be triumphant recording album after album (like Our female Peace). there is often some form of music which you like, it might desire to no longer constantly be on the leading fringe of whats commonly used right this moment, what you hear each and every of the time.

i think some are pretty good, i like Cassie the most, but some really suck.

this is wut the worlds comin 2 my friend:/