Is it okay to have 1 cheat day a month on a diet?

I have always had a problem with motivation on a diet.So I decided to have 1 cheat day a month on my diet.It's not gorging myself with hot dogs and Ben & Jerry for the day,just eating one thing that is low in sugar (usually organic ice cream or dark chocolate) once that day.I have found that it helps,but I am worried that it might interfere with my weight loss.

So do you think this is okay??

Thanx a bunch and God bless!!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It is definitely okay...I allow myself 1 day a week when I am on a diet! LOL If you do not cheat sometimes you are just setting yourself up for failure!

• 4 years ago

There are even diets that have "free" days one I did (Body For LIfe) had a free day once a week at the end of the 3 months i was in the best and strongest shape ive ever been overall. It was advised to take the free day so as to be more dedicated the rest of the time. It works well to put it out there somwhere predetermaned that way you can tell yourself keep on the program cause in x days I have a free day and can have that thing I realy want then.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have been told when dieting, 1 cheat/'naughty' day a week is ok, if you can go with 1 a month, your a champion. Also Dark chocolate is good for you in moderation.YOU GO GIRL... keep it up! smiles

• 1 decade ago

Girl first of all props for doing it only that one day and no it won't interfere w/ your diet as long as you hit the gym a little harder the next day and good luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Heck honey I have 1 a week. it helps me to keep motivated knowing that I have 1 day a week to eat something that i really love. It has never interfered with my weight lose so I hope it helps to know that.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Wow, sounds like you are doing great! I wish I could cut my cheats down to once a month! Good luck, your doing fine!

• 1 decade ago

I defintly think it is ok... being on a diet is hard and i think that if you can stick to it than you defintly deserve one day a month to splurge!!! Good luck and god bless you!

• 1 decade ago

Call it a treat day not a cheat day !! only treat yourself if you didi well

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

should be fine, and dark choco is good for u

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.