blank skateboard wheels vs. brand skateboard wheels?

whats the difference between blank skateboard wheels and brand named wheels like spitfires?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All depends on who the blank wheels are made by.

If the blanks are manufacturered by the same distribution company as the major brand ones, then you are on to a safe bet, they are going to be the same, or only slightly less quality.

If they are the budget blanks you see about, then you can never be too sure. They never really offer much detail in the wheel hardness or material, so you take a chance on them.

In the bigger picture though, buying blank wheels means that no pro riders are being paid from your purchase. If you have a favourite skater and thinks he deserves lunch on you then you should probably buy their wheels out of gratitute. The industry depends on pro's being allowed to express skateboarding, spread it's message and add to it's progression.

But I don't think anyone would blame you for buying blanks, it is money after all and it does all add up!

Source(s): 8 years skateboarding
    • Login to reply the answers
  • swan
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Blank Skateboard Wheels

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dude, i've never noticed a difference, personally. I like blanks better (wheels, never boards..) simply because they're cheaper, and wear just the same. brands may be a *bit smoother* but not by very much. i'd focus on your bearings first before brand wheels.

Source(s): ah skate..
  • 4 years ago

i good brand is element's durathane...theyre light but tough! theyre especially made for preventing flatspots and trust me, flatspots are annoying. they start to make an annoying clicking sound when they roll on the ground and if theyre too beat up, then youll just end up eating a serving of asphalt...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.