as a Certified Massage Therapist, in the state of Iowa do i need to have a license?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

[PDF]

Massage Therapist

19k - Adobe PDF - View as HTML

Massage Therapy Board. Iowa Department of Public Health. Lucas ... licensees of states with license requirements equal to or exceeding those of Iowa will be ...

www.iowaworkforce.org/lmi/publications/licocc/massagetherapist.pdf

#

Massage Therapist IA

IA - Find a massage therapist in IA. ... A massage therapist needs a license to practice, which can be obtained after a training program. ...

www.wellness.com/find/Massage Therapist/IA - 62k - Cached

#

Massage Therapist Bettendorf, Iowa

Bettendorf, Iowa - Find a massage therapist in Bettendorf, Iowa. ... A massage therapist needs a license to practice, which can be obtained after a training program. ...

www.wellness.com/find/Massage Therapist/Iowa/Bettendorf - 90k - Cached

#

[PDF]

Massage Therapist

83k - Adobe PDF - View as HTML

Board of Massage Therapy Examiners. Iowa Department of Public Health ... Massage therapists from other states seeking a license to practice massage ...

publications.iowa.gov/141/1/massagetherapist2002.pdf

#

Iowa Massage Therapy Exam and Licensure Application - Test Summary

Iowa massage therapy exam and information on NCETMB for massage therapists. ... Iowa Massage Therapist License Application - Download and complete this document ...

www.massage-exam.com/iowa-massage.php - Cached

#

California Massage Therapist License and Exam

California massage therapy licensure questions ... Iowa. Kansas. Kentucky. Louisiana. Maine. Maryland. Massachusetts. Michigan. Minnesota. Mississippi ...

www.massage-exam.com/california-massage.php - Cached

#

State Massage Boards and Requirements

Massage Therapist. Credential: License. Requirement: 500 hrs and NCETMB. Maintenance: ... Des Moines, IA 50319-0075. Tel: 515-281-6959. Fax: 515-281-3121 ...

www.massagetherapy.com/careers/stateboards.php - 98k - Cached

• 1 decade ago

If you do not have a license in IA and you are planning to work here you would need to go through the process of obtaining it. I'm sure the process would include looking at the training you have already and seeing if you have everything needed to apply for and receive your license here. Since you are certified already it may be possible that they would give you a temp license for a certain amount of time if there is any training that you may need to finish in order to get your license.

* I am in the educational field, but I am aware of how professional lisensure works here.

I am sure you can find all the info you need by going to the Iowa dept of public health website.

• 1 decade ago

Contact the licensing agency in Iowa.

• 1 decade ago

I am going to say yes, only because anyone can claim they are certified. Ask the attorney general for Iowa.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Toots
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

To be able to be in business and basically "touch" a client, you have to have a license from whatever state you are in...you may or may not be required to take that states licensing exam...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes you need a professional license and a business license if you are starting your own business or working as a subcontractor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.