Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

i need cheap tufa rock?

i am looking for some cheap tufa rock for my saltwater tanks. if anyone knows any good sites with cheap shippig let me know

im from western ny

• Gary C
    Favorite Answer

Tufa is very nice for tanks where you need buffering, like marine aquaria and Rift Lake Cichlid tanks.

The big issue with ordering some in the mail is that, since it's rocks, the shipping charges will be quite high.

Check at places in your area that sell rocks for landscaping and building supplies. Most towns have stone yards specializing in rocks, gravel, sand, and so forth. Many will sell either by the pound or by the truckload. They are less busy this time of year, so they might offer you a good deal.

Start with your local quarry, or landscape rock area. I'm sure you have a place that wholesales a wide variety of stone. Shipping is what kills you, rock is cheap.

Where abouts are you? A good starting point would be an aggregate supplier, they can usually supply large amounts for a small amount of money.