Would you sign for your 17 year old to get a tattoo?

My brother and I want to get tattoos (no matching) In memory of our 6 year old cousin that was killed by a drunk driver 5 years ago. I'm a month away from 21 this is my 2nd tattoo. My younger brother wants to get an old english J along with the the dates and only the good die young above it. My mom is taken... show more My brother and I want to get tattoos (no matching) In memory of our 6 year old cousin that was killed by a drunk driver 5 years ago. I'm a month away from 21 this is my 2nd tattoo. My younger brother wants to get an old english J along with the the dates and only the good die young above it. My mom is taken alot of heat from her sisters for signing for my brothers tattoo. My mom said its not a big deal (my mom had 2 very small tattoos my dad has 6) They also paid for my tattoo when I turned 18. My mom reasons is its his body, and whats a couple months he turns 18 in april.

Would you sign for your child at 17? To get a tattoo? Is my mom super wrong about this?
Update: His tattoo is about 3 and half 4 inchs on his upper arm. He is pretty muscular. So it will look very nice. My mom has seen the pic but not what the tattoo artist ( who did my first tattoo) has finshed drawing up.