Will Obama- Janet Napolitano provide terrorists Driver's Licenses since both oppose any ID to get 1 ?

States have until 2010 to begin complying with Real ID. Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano (D), President-elect Barack Obama's nominee for homeland security secretary, has criticized the law for the costs it imposes on states and said Arizona would not comply. Many legislatures and governors have said they hope the Obama administration will scale back the law's provisions.Why does America have to have another 9-11, if illegals can get driver's licenses, so can terrorists.Under a program complying with Real ID, all residents seeking licenses would be required to show Social Security cards, passports or military identification to prove their legal status, Kuo said.

Porcari said he expects a bill to be introduced by the governor or transportation agency. The resulting debate would probably pit the O'Malley administration against immigrant advocates who say the policy change would be a setback for thousands of illegal immigrants. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story...

With Driver's Licenses illegals can vote,get welfare,food stamps, enter secure areas and so can terrorists

Update:

The horrific events of September 11 have created new complications for those seeking to establish a new identity. It turned out that some of the terrorists had used fake identities or fake documentation to aid them in their criminal enterprise. Although the creation and use of fake ID was not a critical part of the nefarious plans that culminated in the destruction of the World Trade Center Towers, fake ID did allow some parts of the terrorists' plans to proceed more easily and more efficiently. The September 11 terrorists exploited a loophole in the Virginia motor vehicle code to easily obtain driver's licenses in that state. In Virginia, you could arrange for a state resident to fill out a notarized affidavit attesting to the in-state residency of the license applicant. You then showed this affidavit to the motor vehicle clerk, and she or he would process your application. Some of the suicide bombers had obtained Virginia licenses this way

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Congress passes the laws no Obama and Napolitano!

The resulting debate would probably pit the O'Malley administration against immigrant advocates who say the policy change would be a setback for thousands of illegal immigrants.

In other words if you don't allow illegal, immoral, criminal invaders to commit ID fraud your setting back thousands of criminals? This is getting even better not worse! Fewer criminal offenses is a good thing!

"Those terrorist from 9-11 were LEGAL! They came here LEGALLY! There is no law against giving a LEGAL immigrant a drivers license.Not that I agree but that's just how it is! Terrorist shouldn't even be here,legal or not." In other words if someone enters your house by the front door and rapes your child then you would continue to leave the back door open because last time it was by the front door? Makes no sense to me!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This question should be in the Politics Section, not the immigration section.

But to answer your question, OF COARSE NOT! Why would they do such a thing. And this is a very good example of why we should focus on Terrorist and Weapons of Mass Destruction, and not people simply coming over here for work. I don't think Jose the Landscaper comes over to plant a bomb in a building.

• 1 decade ago

I have to agree with a previews answer, the last thing a terrorist wants to do is to draw more attention to himself by coming illegaly and trying to get a drivers license. this people mean business and they are hardly looking to get on to us with a fake ID. trust me the **** they do its pretty legit until crap goes down.

Mixing illegal immigration and Terrorism is a far strech, mixing homeland security and Terrorism, is much better.

in other words

illegal immigration <-----> homeland security <----> terrorist

• 1 decade ago

Those terrorist from 9-11 were LEGAL! They came here LEGALLY! There is no law against giving a LEGAL immigrant a drivers license.Not that I agree but that's just how it is! Terrorist shouldn't even be here,legal or not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • He also appointed Cecilia Munoz, an 18 year veteran of the National Counsel of La Raza. It's pretty clear where he is going with the immigration issue.

• 1 decade ago

Terrorists do not obey our laws and with the level of corruption that we have within our system you'll probably find that 'real ID's' can be easily bought and sold on the black market. You have to remember that, "in this life, one thing counts: in the bank, large amounts".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Will you provide the fear that the terrorists initiate themselves with? You are an enabler. Like a friend giving a known violent alcoholic alcohol. You keep feeding and feeding.

• gdsb
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I sure hope they do and I hope they all drive taxi cabs and are lucky enough to have you as a fare.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.