Do confederate flags offend you?

living in north carolina i see them everyday. in a yard. on the back of a truck. on one of my student's shirt(im a teacher).

i've become ammune to any offending the confederate flag was intended to do

when i ask about it i say "do people ever get offended by ur shirt?" they'll just say "it mean we are just from the south"

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

that and banjos

• 4 years ago

I live in California so I've never seen the Confederate flag raised, but as an American citizen who believes in equality. I would find that downright offensive. The south broke apart because they were pro-slavery and the north was against it. The civil war was fought to end slavery and reunite the country, to see someone raise the confederate flag is pretty wrong in my opinion. But then again, It's all a matter of perspective. They could just have it raised because it is part of their and Americans history.

• 1 decade ago

you failed to understand history. not much more than a hundred years ago the confederated stats of America was a sovereign nation controlling half of the civilized lands of what now is the united states. it represents a PEOPLE. Turks an Kurds Caucasus and Russia Ireland and England.

the potential for offense comes form those who do not understand this not from those who continue to identify with that people. tmm

• 1 decade ago

nope I have one that hangs on my wall in my dorm room and I also have a remote control general lee that I drive down the halls of my frat house. I have met people who it offended but honestly I do not have it becuase I have it and fly it because it represents my heritage

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i live in south Georgia im black and i see them all the time. it doesnt offend me cuz slaverys over. i know for a fact that everyone who wears it or flys it isnt racist but some are. the flag itself just doesnt really offend me

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm from the north and am a Civil War nut. It doesn't offend me.

• 1 decade ago

I live in Florida and see them all the time. So I am used to it. So it is not offending to me that much anymore.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes.. Saw them all the time in Florida.

• 1 decade ago

no, and if I could find a replica of the General Lee, I'd drive it with pride

• 1 decade ago

i dont like em

my cousin from georgia wears that damn pin on her UGA hat for the wrong reasons

• Pablo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I don't think i have ever seen one, but then again I live in miami.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.