Who's winning this fight?

Us gays or those who want to suppress us! Who in your opinion is winning this fight!

I am a 21 year old GAY man who thinks that we are in a fight to keep church and state from merging! To be able to do as please as long as it hurts no one!

I guess i am an optimist! PLEASE no one let thier discouragement over the prop 8 crap consume them! Bigotry can not win forever or for long. If it could people that have the same skin color as me would still be slaves!

Favorite Answer

Inch by inch, (or centimetre by centimetre for those of you outside the US) the gays are winning. Three steps forward, two steps back, we are advancing little by little.

Cops no longer hang around outside gay bars just to intimidate, it's no longer illegal for two men or two women to have sex, and I haven't heard of two guys kissing in a dark car being arrested for lewd conduct in years.

Look at it this way Q, Madonna is pretty much the icon of political incorrectness yet she is notorious for supporting diversity in sexual pleasure.

She said (not an exact quote) I just introduce a little perversity at a time and pretty soon nobody notices and it's accepted as normal.

She was referring to how she is allowed to dress provocatively and get away with her songs being so sexual. That was said in the 90's if I am not mistaken.

So there you go, with people like her pushing the envelope and the boundaries further and further to the extreme side the homosexual community will be just fine.

Well not just fine but you will continue to do what you do, not that you wont' always face opposition. Even if what you think is right others think is wrong there is one who set the moral standard ages ago and I don't think he will tolerate it forever.

Careful not to die before your time though.

I always tell people to remember Superman's job description: Fights a never ending battle for truth, justice and The American Way... or something like that.

A never ending battle.

Also some historian called history a long march in the direction of liberty. (Sorry, I really don't remember that one well.)

If you are able to take responsibility for your freedom, you are at liberty. Happy to be living at a point in history where the question even comes up.

Silly Americans claim they can lick the world but are scared by sexual issues. Hang in. If you leave the world a better place you win.

I am Gay, but I wil have to say the haters are winning.

After the political clout they showed in this last election, it is only a matter of time before they petition to make Homosexuality illegal again for all 50 states.

Straight people, at least the vast majority of them, are heartless and cruel to gay people. Again, it is just a matter of time before they water down what little protections we have just so that they can legally Gay Bash like they used too with no retribution.

I am afraid cold dark days lie ahead for us gay people.

I think it's one of those races where somebody pulls ahead then falls behind. I do think right now we are losing, but I do believe that eventually, we will prevail. It's because everytime we rise up, they give a small concession. Get them to give concessions enough times, and we have all we want. That's exactly how they raise taxes too. A little at a time.

It's just a matter of time, my dear Quan...we just have to wait for the next generation who wont be as close-minded and hateful as this generation...we have gone further than we were 20 years ago, so it looks promising...peace out

Those who want to surpress you. There's more of them. Majority almost always wins. Maybe in the future people wont be so closedminded about homosexuality.

Prop 8 is American. Stupid Americans voted for it, and voted for a moron of a president for an 8-year reign.

We're winning in Canada. Marriage for all, same-sex adoptions are allowed.

I think that people are 100 x more open minded than just 30 years ago. And the next generation of people will be more open minded then the next. So ya... I don't think its any competition, but gays are being more open and welcomed in society.

• hewray

It's not a fight. It is a change of perspective

I assert that you are a ~25 year old straight male, who came here to make gay people "look" like they are attacking the rest of the world in order to demote them