What is the name of this playstation 1 rpg game? Read details!?

I only played the demo when it first came out a long time ago, but I remember you controlling 4 different characters to save a village from evil smoke that had come in from the ocean i believe. You controlled 4 characters in a final fantasy style of fighting and you had to fight monsters in the smoke while... show more I only played the demo when it first came out a long time ago, but I remember you controlling 4 different characters to save a village from evil smoke that had come in from the ocean i believe. You controlled 4 characters in a final fantasy style of fighting and you had to fight monsters in the smoke while eventually reaching the center where you had to save this tree that was keeping the smoke away or something? I really would like to remember the name again so I can play it. Please help me.
Update: That is not the game because i specifically remember playing it on the playstation and specifically rmember it not being a final fantasy game, thanks tho