Is it in good taste to move a wedding date up?

Our wedding is in July. However, due to the economy getting worse, and an impending job layoff(yours truly) we are thinking about moving the wedding up, making it a smaller occasion, more simple, and having it in the off peak season to save on some money. Plus we want to pull it off before the economy weakens even... show more Our wedding is in July. However, due to the economy getting worse, and an impending job layoff(yours truly) we are thinking about moving the wedding up, making it a smaller occasion, more simple, and having it in the off peak season to save on some money. Plus we want to pull it off before the economy weakens even more.
However, I am worried about getting things lined up (the date, the church, the bridal party and so on), and about people thinking we are doing it for the wrong reasons with rumors flying around that we are pregnant.
What is the etiquette for this? Is this in good taste? I just need some ideas or opinions please.
Thanks!
Update: We are not getting married in a court. I want to get married in a church and make it about God and us. I dont want to take the Lord out of our marriage. But we are going to make it smaller!