holiday songs. with the holiday nearing?

with christmas nearing, (wow this year flew by). what is your favorite christmas song..and also what is your least favorite...

happy holidays,merry christmas,happy honika..which ever. i dont want to offend anyone...

my favorite christmas song (a couple)

dan fogelberg-same old lang syne

the eagles-please come home for christmas

the waitresses-christmas wrapping

james m-the eagles christmas song is great..wham-haha, brings back memories..remember jon bon jovis christmas song/video with cindy crawford?

hi persephone-thanks, now thats stuck in my head.haha..

colours-thanks, you do the same..

dave-yeah, im a sucker for anything beatle related. pauls song and johns "so this is christmas" or happy christmas war is over

PROF-happy holidays bro. good to hear from ya. yeah i forgot about the run dmc song. good call. santa baby was done by 2 that i know. the popular "yuk" version believe it or not was madonna. marilyn monroe also did a version. i know what ya mean about lennon's song. i played that whole album all the time. ("instant karma") great song

MR FITZWELL-good to see ya to. have a good holiday....

Best Answer

Hey 80s Man. Happy holidays man.

In general, I'm not a big holiday song guy, but there are a couple.

I think that Oh Holy Night is just a ridiculous piece of songwriting and orchestration. It's just built perfectly. I've said before, you could make that song about a great deli that makes a wonderful pastrami sandwich and it would still rattle my foundation. Those sort of chior versions of the song are amazing. They also did a really nice play on it with a group of jazz musicians from New Orleans on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

I dig Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC

I can dig certain parts of the Muppets and John Denver Christmas record, which is good because it is THEE Christmas record for my family. Every year since I was about... man, I don't remember being so young that we didn't listen to it at least a few times a year.

I've been kind of meaning to check out the Aimee Mann Christmas record. I imagine that one could be pretty interesting. I hear it's a lot more somber than most Christmas records are, which I find kind of appealing. I think a lot of my problem with a lot of Holiday music is that it's a bit too sacharine for me.

The worst. Hands down.

Santa Baby (not sure who sings it but she goes for the Betty Boop thing, bleh... or Humbug)

****************

You know what's weird. I don't really think of the Lennon tune in relation to the Holidays, which is funny because it clearly is. Definitely throw that one in (though generally I find chiors of children to be kind of obnoxious, he made it work though).

*****************

Hey man.

That was Madonna, wasn't it. Wow. She sounds so different, but you can just barely tell if you think about it. Plus, the Monroe fixation she had. Harsh.

Happy Holidays my friend. Good to see you.

I also love Dan Fogelberg-Same Old Lang Syne

Here are my other's:

All I want For Christmas(Is U)-Mariah Carey

Any Christmas tune from NKOTB

If You Believe-Josh Groban

Santa Baby-Madonna

Last Christmas-Wham! and the remake by Hilary Duff

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer-Elmo N Patsy(remember this song? Used to be on the radio a lot in the early 80's and is also on the Greatest Billboard Christmas 1955-Presant CD.)

Jingle Bell Rock

And of course LeAnn Rimes.

Denver may be the enjoy where the sparkle can sun 300 days of year. Denver is a growing cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and normal beauty mix for the world's many magnificent playground and with hotelbye you will see getting there. Denver is the place for: World-class attractions, organic wonders, flourishing arts scene, a large number of innovative and acclaimed restaurants and nightlife alternatives galore. Denver definitely got it all. In Denver you are able to visit the Mount Evans and the Mount Evans Highway. The Mount Evans Highway is really a periodic road which can be shut throughout winter months weeks

• K Girl

Anything from the Motown Christmas Album!!

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen- Bethany Dillon

Last Christmas- Wham!

Dominic the Donkey- Lou Monte

Let it Snow- Boyz II Men

Hate...

Anything waay over sung, come on its Christmas!

For me, nothing says Christmas quite like the Boston Pops' rendition of "Sleigh Ride." I also love Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime," the Nutcracker, and the soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas." And of course all the traditional carols we sing in church: Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful, Joy To the World, etc.

Least favorite: The Chipmunks' Christmas song. Personally, I think chipmunks belong in the woods and not on my stereo!

No question about the Eagles, one of the best.

I am a huge fan of Trans Siberian Orchestra, and Wizards in Winter is one of the best.

O Holy Night is my favorite traditional song, and Josh Groban has a strong version.

80's - What about Wham - last Christmas....can't get more 80's than Wham!

• YSIC

I really can't narrow it down to one fave. Christmas is by far my favorite time of year.

I recently fell in love with Al Green's Silent Night rendition. It makes me cry. I also love Otis Redding's White Christmas.

But pass me anything by the Temptations, O'Jays, Mahalia Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, the Jackson 5....yeah. You get the idea.

Christmas songs I hate? Pretty Paper (not even sure who sings it) and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.

Really?

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOJpHuiBB4o

Youtube thumbnail

Trans Siberian Orchestra and the Christmas Cannon Rock- they are awesome like a rock opera!

Least favorite song- My grandma got run over by a reindeer

My favorite is Christmas in Hollis-Run DMC

Least Jiingle Bells by Babs

Happy Holidays Bro! Good to see you!