question for muslims and jews...?

if you were NOT BORN into your present religious belief system, would you be eating PORK now?

WHY? and WHY NOT?

Favorite Answer

This second, probably not - I just had a delicious dinner of grilled salmon, mashed potatoes, and snap pea salad!

But theoretically, yes. Why not? God commanded us Jews not to eat pork, and that's the reason we don't. So if not for the command of God, we probably would eat pork.

Source(s): Orthodox Jew
  • ?

I wasn't born into my present religious belief system, I was converted. And I still eat pork now. Just trying to quit has been hard. I truly want to eat Kosher, trust me, but the shrimp keeps pulling me back in!

I am a christian and I do eat pork, love ham, sausage, bacon, country ham, alot of religions make it a qualifier for their salvation, but they don't mind eating chicken[and I do to] some in arab lands even eat camels, I would not eat that and a whole lot of other animals, I am pretty picky at what I consume into my body, the bible says in 1st Timothy 4:3 that forbidding to eat meat is a doctrine of devils, now I won't eat what some chinese eat and alot of what alot of americans eat, but you have to have common sense about it, I like steak, but small portions, pork chops, any pork ought to be cooked well done. My faith has nothing to do with what I eat, but my health is another thing, that is where common sense kicks in, chickens are nasty animals, but when cooked, can be delicious.

Source(s): Using good clean common sense and healthy habits.

Born into a religion may be different than choosing the religion. I was both born into it, and after studying about Islam for years, I strived to practice it. I cant say what I would do or not do if I wasnt muslim. Maybe I would be eating pork, Im not sure... but all in all Islam made me the person I am since I believe it encompasses a complete way of life. And the person I am.. is who i'm content with :)

Source(s): Practicing muslim

I probably would

I do not eat pork because the community I grew up in, and enjoy being a part of frowns upon the consumption of pork.

If I was not Jewish and did not enjoy being part of the Jewish community what reason would I have not to eat pork?

Yes

There are a lot of food and drinks which are unhealthy but still we like to taste and eat it , that applies for pork and alcohol I might like to try them occasionally if they weren't forbidden in Islam .

Nope.

I accidentally ate some due to me not knowing what I was eating (i thought it was beef), and I almost threw up. I knew something was wrong, and I realized I had accidentally eaten pork when my friend made me realize that what I picked up from the cafeteria was not beef, but pork.

Never am I going to try that again.

Probably not, because my belief system allows me to eat pork. :P

Although I'm not Muslim or Jewish... but I would rather be Jewish.

• nina

Im not eating pork even though i dont belong to any system.Pig is not an animal to eat just like a rat. (dirty animal)

• im not muslim or jewish im christian i was just thinking if u want to eat pork then eat it i mean dont just not eat it cause ur religion says not to dont u think it is stupid that the religion says u cant eat something i dont get it u are a child of god h created the world he sent his son to die for ur sins read the bible pray to jesus go to church u will know god is the real god.