Demyx
Demyx asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

Yugioh Card Ruling Question?

Can you tribute set a non zombie monster with Zombie World on the field?

Zombie World - All monsters on the field and in any Graveyard become Zombie-Type monsters. Neither player can Tribute Summon monsters, except Zombie-Type monsters.

the reason i ask this is because as far as ive seen there is only one card that summoning and setting count as the same and that is Narrow Pass

Long-time Tournament Players, Tournament Judges appreciated

I will be Famous not appreciated (no offense but ive seen your answers and truthfully u dont know anything)

Thank you

Favorite Answer

The monster's Type is checked when it is in the hand. That is, even though a non-Zombie-Type monster will be a Zombie-Type monster when it's on the field, you cannot Tribute Summon it, since it is not a Zombie-Type monster when it is in your hand.

So no you cannot.

Source(s): Certified Judge
  • Tony

Yes. Tribute Summon and Tribute Set are not the same. Zombie World's effect doesn't say both Tribute Summon and Set. So yes non-Zombies can be Tribute SET.

I run zombies and I use zombie world a lot... And no...you cannot tribute set a monster on the field...a set is still considered a summon...just face down...