From a young lady who needs good advice: Do u believe in second chances in serious relationships?

no matter what he/she did, or if they left, anything that hurt u deeply, did u give he/she a second chance because u loved him/her? or have u seen it done? I've even seen divorced people get re-married and seen people make up in their marriage if they cheated. I never knew how they got thru it, but I know it is... show more no matter what he/she did, or if they left, anything that hurt u deeply, did u give he/she a second chance because u loved him/her? or have u seen it done? I've even seen divorced people get re-married and seen people make up in their marriage if they cheated. I never knew how they got thru it, but I know it is possible. I kind of need the advice, and please don't be rude and one-sided. What do u think about it, and how long do u think it would take to actually give the relationship a second chance when u know u still really love the person. U know you're human and u r going to make mistakes, but u just can't help but u worry "What if it might happen again"? Please, try not to be rude because I know the "2nd chance" topic is personal feelings from what u went thru, but I can use the help. thank you all :)
Update: no I wasn't abused. no no no but thank u :)