is jacob really a pedophile in twilight?

i dont know who to believe, some say hes not and some say he is. answers? (explain why, too. plzz) :]]

TEAMMM JACOBB!!! cuz REAL men dont sparkle.. oh snap.lol

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, he is not. In Breaking Dawn, Jacob imprints on Nessie, a fast growing newborn. Stephanie Meyer, however, forshadowed and explained this phenomenon through Quil and Claire. Here's what she said through Jacob then:

“It’s more like….gravity moves. When you see her, suddenly it’s not the earth holding you here anymore. She does. And nothing matters more than her. And you would do anything for her, be anything for her… You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that’s a protector, or a lover, or a friend, or a brother.” pg 176

Jake will never be anything Renesmee does not want him to be. When she is older, she can choose him as a romantic partner. If she does not want him as that, though, he will be whatever she does want him as- a friend, a brother, a confidant.

It's true that the imprint is supposedly the best carrier for the werewolf gene; indeed (although she, like most crosses, is probably infertile), Renesmee received the best traits of both a vampire and a human with none of the defects (conveniently), and would probably, if she was fertile, pass on excellent genes. But the werewolf does not control his imprint. It is just as easy to say that Edward, being 107, is a pedophile for wanting a 17 year old. However, Edward clearly loves Bella in a romantic way; Jake loves Nessie how she wants/needs to be loved.

It's my belief that this varying love was put into place so that even if the imprint does not want his/her imprinter as a romantic partner, he or she will still forever be protected, so that his or her genes will still be preserved so they will be passed on, if not through the werewolf, then through someone else. Each descendant with these genes would then be imprinted on (so the genes would be protected) until someone fell in love with his or her werewolf.

To say Jake is a pedophile is equal to saying a father is a dirty, perverted old man for loving his daughter.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Jacob From Twilight

• 3 years ago

Jake From Twilight

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you take the literal translation of the word. Yes.

If you take the current usage of the word into concideration. No, not in my opinion.

He 'imprints' on an infant which means that he will do everything he is capable of to make sure that she is safe, happy, well cared for, and above all loved. He loves her more than anyone can ever love another person. But the relationship has no sexual basis. He doesn't even consider her in a sexual way until she is much older. Even then he will only have her best interest in mind.

Pedophiles only care about satisfying themselves using little kids as their tool.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

It really does depend on how you define "pedophile' and if you take the whole (FICTIONAL) situarion into account.

• 1 decade ago

I personally believe so and here is my argument. I understand that he turns the object of his imprinting into a sisterly love. But ultimately, what is the reason of imprinting? Why do the wolves imprint? It's because they are looking for suitable females to eventually give birth to stronger wolves (this is explained in one of the latter books). So ultimately, the imprinting relationship will take a sexual turn--thus the whole "pedophile" thing.

~Zara Sahana

• 1 decade ago

Yes, he is.

He imprints on Nessie. And some people say that it's just 'fatherly love' now, but that's BS. Because the whole point of imprinting is to BREED. The best BREEDING partner. And what is breeding? HAVING SEX.

And his whole imprinting on Nessie is so he can HAVE SEX/BREED with her, and make the best babies. If that's not creepy and pedophile-ish, then what IS?

Edit: You spelled 'leech' wrong, Jacob.

• Quoi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Pedophile: Adult who is in love with child, wants to get it on with a child.

Jacob is a pedophile. You can say all this fancy mumbo-jumbo saying he isn't, but he is.

The fact is Nessie is a child. Jacob wants to rape her. He might only do it with her wants, and he might only do when she is older. But marking a child out for sexual activity is what I call pedophile behaviour. Giving a child a promise ring..... that's PEDOPHILE.

Jacob's never going to go out with girls. Why? He wants Nessie, only Nessie, no one except the Loch Ness Monster. "The girls don;t have faces."

If I got a little girl, and said, "In 10 years, she'll be mine." is that being a pedophile? That's the crux of the argument, and that's what you need to think.

If someone got a baby, said, "I'm in love with her, she's going to be mine in 10 years."is that being a pedophile or not? If you say yes, then Jacob is a pedophile. Say no, and Jacob isn;t.

• 1 decade ago

No, I don't think so. Although I found it a little strange reading about a teenage boy obsessed with a baby - it is all explained away by the whole 'imprinting' thing. In the story, it explains that Jacob would be waiting until Renesmee is ready for the relationship. She does seem equally enamoured of him too (as much as a baby can be). Furthermore, he's not the only shapeshifter to imprint upon a baby - one of the others imprints upon a toddler.

Also, it would seem highly unlikely that a Mormon author would make a main character a paedophile!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, in Breaking Dawn. He imprinted on Bella's daughter, Nessie. Pedophilia is when an older person is in love with a VERY young person.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.