Is USAA Checking a good thing?

Vets and military folks,

I am considering signing up for USAA checking and maybe savings. I have heard nothing but good things but I wanted to get some opinions on here. I already have a USAA trading account (my backup to Bank of America) but have never used/needed it. What are some of the good and bad experiences you have had? Have any of you actually used their trading account? Are there any strings attached to the 25 free trades?

Favorite Answer

I have USAA checking, savings, first start savings (sons college funds) auto insurance, and rental insurance. I have nothing but GREAT things to say. We have had them for 4 years now and we have only had one issue with an auto claim, which they fixed in 1 phone call. (the place we got our car repaired put temp. clips to hold our bumper on, it was an issue since it was the repair shop that USAA had us use.) But as far as our banking, it has been a dream. I love the deposit at home feature. I can scan a check (payroll or personal) on my computer and it goes into the account instantly. Even if its 3 am the money is in the account at 3 am. As far as savings, USAA offers one of the highest interest rates available, and its extremely easy to to a transfer of funds if you need it. I actually had my credit card stolen some how and noticed a 980 dollar western union charge. I panic ed because of our bills being due. They check my husband and my bank cards for last location of use. They said no problem, and the money was INSTANTLY back into our account. No waiting for an investigation like most banks. I highly recommend USAA to anyone who qualifies for them.

Source(s): army wife 5 years, who has USAA

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is USAA Checking a good thing?

Vets and military folks,

I am considering signing up for USAA checking and maybe savings. I have heard nothing but good things but I wanted to get some opinions on here. I already have a USAA trading account (my backup to Bank of America) but have never used/needed it. What are some of the good...

Source(s): usaa checking good thing: https://biturl.im/PxHdx

I've been with USAA for over 20 years and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I not only use their banking yet insurance and car loans and it has all been the best. Bank of America is even cutting their credit limits on their clients who have had great standing and I think that is poor form.

Is Usaa A Good Bank

• kg7or

I have USAA checking, charge card, homeowners insurance, flood insurance, business liability insurance, and auto insurance, and all of them (especially the home and car insurance) are absolutely the best that I could imagine.

The charge card service is especially good. On 2 occasions in recent years when a bogus charge was posted to my account by some thief, USAA bank was totally on my side and got the charges reversed with no hassle.

Anyone qualified for USAA who doesn't sign up is getting a second-best deal at best. And no, I don't work for them.

Source(s): 20 year member of same.

I bet you they have it. Give them a call. Credit unions are a bit diffrerent with larger checks. They will place a long, long hold on them. Up to a full 10 days AFTER they get it ^ Experience

i have no idea about the trades thing. but the checking and savings accounts are awesome .... i mean really AWESOME!!!!!

for instanceif payday is on a tuesday or a monday you get your money posted the friday prior. all bills can be paid online, easy transfer of funds, use of any ATM with full refund of any fees that you get charged. points for actually using your ATM card..... AWESOME just AWESOME

Source(s): US ARMY recruiter

My husband and I love USAA we switched a while ago and they are very helpful and friendly.....We don't have a trading account but we have checking/savings with them and we will never go with another bank again

Source(s): Proud Wife of a Deployed Soldier
  • Lauren

Oh my god, do it. USAA is fantastic...can't be beat. Their customer service is phenomenal and their rates are unbelievable. I have no idea how they can afford to stay in business. I've been with them 3 or 4 years and I'm still waiting for the "catch".

Awesome question