NAE Vice-President R. Cizik resigned: Why? Do evangelicals listen to NPR interviews? (10 points for answer)?

from NAE website article about the resignation - -

"Richard Cizik has resigned as Vice President of Governmental Affairs for the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE). His resignation, which takes effect today, concludes 28 years of service and leadership in the Washington, DC office of NAE.

Over the past three decades he has been a tireless advocate for a broad variety of issues important to the evangelical community including passage of anti-persecution legislation, laws against human trafficking, nurture of family life, protection of children, justice and compassion for the poor and vulnerable, sanctity of human life, opposition to abortion on demand, peace and the restraint of violence in our world, creation care and others. He gave leadership to the writing and implementation to the landmark document, For the Health of the Nation: An Evangelical Call to Civic Responsibility."

http://www.nae.net/index.cfm?FUSEACTION=editor.pag...

Favorite Answer

Here's part of a CHRISTIANITY TODAY posting by the current NAE president Anderson - -

There was a discussion and a consensus that his credibility as spokesperson for the NAE was irreparably compromised. It was out of reporting that discussion to Richard Cizik that he and I discussed together and mutually concluded that his resignation was appropriate.

What exactly in NPR's Fresh Air interview caused concern?

His role as a spokesperson is to advocate for NAE's values and positions, and that did not appropriately come through in what he said or the way he said it, and it was on several fronts.

Cizik said in the interview, "I'm shifting, I have to admit. In other words, I would willingly say that I believe in civil unions. I don't officially support redefining marriage from its traditional definition, I don't think." Is that the part that caused concern?

What you're asking for is specifics, and I don't think that our discussion was primarily parsing words. It was whether or not he in this interview adequately was a representative for NAE and our constituency, and the conclusion was that he was not. The NAE's position on gay marriage is not shifting. And we are not advocates for civil unions, although many evangelicals recognize the reality that civil unions have become law in many states. But we're not advocating for them.

Most of the interview was about the environment.

It was not the part about the environment. As far as the environment is concerned, NAE, in its "For the Health of the Nation"

Source(s): visit the NPR "Fresh Air" section for the entire on-air interview that led to his being "excommunicated"

A) 35 by way of fact a hundred% is all or an entire B)0.35 C)80x9=720 so like a million/9 of 720 is 80 D)70x8=560 so approximately 0.12 of 560 is 70 E)840 and the completed quantity of 8th graders is a million,050 F)50 s x forty =2000 so 200cmx40= 8000 good success!!!

Apparently so. He gave a pretty clear indication to Terry Gross that he voted for Obama. Why would the NAE need any other reason?