1997 Honda accord stalling?

About a month ago i degreased my engine and washed it with water. I didnt cover anything just the intake. After i rinsed the engine with water my car started stalling. I dried out the distributor, and that solved the issue for about 3-4 days until one morning my car just shook a little bit the lights dimmed for about a second and it started stalling AGAIN. I then took it for a diagnostics test and they told me that everything was fine that all sensors were working and all. They told me that my distributor cap was messed up. So i went ahead and replaced the distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, and spark plug cables and....THAT DIDN'T WORK! :( My car was still stalling, I've tried lots of things still nothing. My car has lost power also. The pedal (gas pedal/acceleration) feels different too due to the loss of power. I have no idea what it is, they told me another thing that it might be the MAF sensor, but my car doesnt seem to have that sensor. What could it be? I have a 1997 Honda Accord 4cyl Vtech. Someone please help!

• Eric
    Best Answer

If your "check engine" light is NOT on then no sensors related to the engine's performance are affected.

Check your plugs as they can tell you a lot. They should all be the same color, almost a dark copper/tan to dark gray.

So, the basics,

Air filter good?

PVC good?

Fuel filter good?

No trouble codes?

Oil level good?

Coolant level good?

Spark plug wires in the correct order?

No hoses out of place?

Re-check your work on the ign. system as something may be out of place. Did you put the rotor back on correctly?

I doubt it has anything to do with the engine wash now.

If the caution light fixtures do not come on at the same time as it dies, the ignition change is failing. That not something notwithstanding the locks worked fairly will improve my suspicion element for the ignition change. See the bear in mind about 3/4 of ways down the 2d source.