promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the name of this movie?

'm trying to figure out the name to a movie i sa on Friday, Dec. 12.

I dont remember much but when i flipped to the channel, it showed a guy who 'lookd' like he was dressed in a zorro outfit of black and a mask. he was confronting a guy who was sitting behind a rock in an open hilly area with a girl, a princess under his capture. he had a knife to her neck and wouldnt let the princess go. The zorro looking guy said that he would play a game with him, a life for a life. he took 2 glasses and had the guy poor a drink in it. the zorro guy put in a poison powder thing that could kill them in one drink. he hid the drinks behind him and switched them, then put it on the rock to be chosen by the guy. the guy chose the wrong drink in the end and died. Zorro took the princess and started to run away from the place.

But i soon figure out that the princess doesnt want to go with the zorro guy becaue she thinks he and his gang or people killed the guy she loved. He says that he killed a lot of poepl and that he might have killed her loved one. I soon figure out that she was in love with a farmer boy and that after an attack by the zorro guy's people, he was missing, so presumed dead. Then a few minutes after that conversation, they both hear horses riding by. It turns out to be horses of the princess's fiance. He had become her fiance a few days after her loved one died. she turns to push the zorro guy down a hill they were near. he falls then she realizes what she has done and falls with him. Once they both reach the bottom it is known that the guy she loved was the zorro guy who was in a disguise. They run away as to not be seen by the fiance that is looking for the princess. I remember that they go through this forest and the princess almost drowns from quicksand and the zorro guy is attacked by a big fat rat. After all that, the fiance finds them and the princess tells the fiance that she wants the zorro guy to be taken back to his ship safely. the fiance promises to her but tells his people instead to take him to the torture chamber. He is taken.

I soon figure out that this prince and princess story is being told, in the movie, by a grandpa that is reading the story to his grandson. I dont remember much after that, but i know that the fiance wanted to kill the princess before the engagement but since things went differently, he decided to kill her after the wedding. That was before the wedding but after the plan was said to one of the people that work for the fiance, he marries the princess. Then i later see that the princess and her lover reunite.

Thats all i remember watching before i fell asleep. If anyone can hep me figure out the name to this movie it would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Update:

Also, I think the guy that the princess loves, his name starts with a 'W'.

And this movie is not a Zorro movie.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Princess Bride (1987)

starring Robin Wright (Penn), Cary Elwes, Peter Falk, Fred Savage, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, Wallace Shawn, Andre the Giant, Christopher Guest, Peter Cook, Carol Kane, Billy Crystal

IMDb synopsis:

A kindly grandfather sits down with his grandson and reads him a bedtime story. The story is one that has been passed down through from father to son for generations. As the grandfather reads the story, the action comes alive. The story is a classic tale of love and adventure as the beautiful Buttercup is kidnapped and held against her will in order to marry the odious Prince Humperdinck, and Westley (her childhood beau, now returned as the Dread Pirate Roberts) attempts to save her. On the way he meets an accomplished swordsman and a huge, super strong giant, both of whom become his companions in his quest. They meet a few bad guys along the way to rescue Buttercup.

Here's a site that has copies:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%3Daps&fi...

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpBO9FRkGsY

Youtube thumbnail

Here's the poison trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Here's the dazzling duel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3gfFVmw0kA

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

I always urge people to read William Goldman's novel, which is even better than the movie! They left so many great details out of the script.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • triola
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a million. Kung Fu Panda 2. 40 365 days previous Virgin 3. The Simpson's action picture 4. 5. Hairspray (the maximum up-to-date version, this incredibly got here from Queen Latifah's mouth, the subsequent line is, "So youv'e met my mom!" 6. Friday After next (Katt Williams line) 7. 8. massive 9. Twilight (Robert Pattinson by way of fact the dazzling Edward Cullen!!) 10. needed (James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie, i've got only seen it as quickly as nonetheless so i don't understand who pronounced it)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.