Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

What brand of abec - 9 bearings should i get for my roller blades?

Any suggestions? Been lookin around.. found arsenal abec 9s reeeeallly cheep but i cant find them anywhere to see how bad they are if i can get 16 for $10. Secondly my skates are about 4 years old should i get new spacers as well?

Favorite Answer

$10 isn't bad for a set of bearings, especially ABEC-9's.

However, bearings are overrated. Unless you are a pro, and can utilize any gains you get from top of the line bearings, you can get away with any old style of bearing.

I get mine from my neighbor. He is a supplier of industrial bearings. I get them form him for about 25 cents each. I have gotten a bunch for my friends as well. They all say to a man they can't tell the difference.

Spacers shouldn't wear out, so unless you have another set of wheels, you shouldn't need more that 8 spacers. I get second and third sets to make wheel changes easier. I play on wood, concrete, and sport court, and can't afford three pairs of skates, so I change wheels for each surface.

Have a good one!

Steve.

I don't know that brand, but at that price I guess you can't go wrong. I personally use Swiss abec-5's, good performance, speed and durability. And yes do get new spacers while you're at it.

Source(s): I used to play a tonne of roller hockey while living in California