Is Michael W. Smith and Robert W. Smith related?

I mean they were born like in the same decade and W. Smith's. One is a famous christian artist and writer and the other is a famous musical composer. I've always wondered... so does anyone know?

Best Answer

not related

Michael Whitaker Smith, 7 October 1957, Kenova, Wayne County, West Virginia, USA. One of the most popular contemporary Christian artists, Smith, the son of an oil refinery worker and caterer, became a Christian aged 10.

http://www.oldies.com/artist-biography/Michael-W-S...

Michael Whitaker Smith was born to Paul and Barbara Smith in Richmond Hill, West Virginia. His father was an oil refinery worker and his mother was a caterer. He inherited his love of baseball from his father, who had played in the minor leagues. As a child, he developed a love of music through his church. He learned piano at an early age and sang in his church choir. At the age of 10, he had "an intense spiritual experience" that led to his becoming a devout Christian. "I wore this big cross around my neck," he would recall, "It was very real to me." He got involved in Bible study and found a group of older friends who shared his religious faith.

Smith is married to Deborah "Debbie" K. Davis (b. 1959) and has five children: Ryan Whitaker, Whitney Katherine Smith-Mooring (married to Jack Mooring (brother to Leeland Mooring) of the band Leeland), Tyler Michael (keyboard player for the United Tour), Anna Elizabeth and Emily Allison. He resides in the Nashville suburbs and spends time at the Smith family farm.

Smith is an alumnus of Alderson-Broaddus College, having been awarded the degree Doctor of Music honoris causa in 1992.

Smith is the founding and visionary pastor of New River Fellowship in Franklin, Tennessee. He was the lead pastor from 2006 and 2008. Smith and his wife remain involved members of the church.

Smith supports the Republican Party, and is personal friends with several prominent Republicans, including President George W. Bush

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_W._Smith

Robert W. Smith is an American composer, arranger, and teacher. He was born in the small town of Daleville, Alabama in 1958 .[citation needed] He attended high school in Daleville, after which he left for Troy State University, where he played lead trumpet in the Sound of the South Marching Band.[citation needed] While at Troy, he studied composition with Dr. Paul Yoder.

Upon his graduation from Troy State with a Bachelor of Music Education degree, Smith pursued his musical career in South Florida, where he earned the Master's degree in Media Writing and Production from the University of Miami, while studying with Dr. Alfred Reed.[citation needed] He was soon hired by Columbia Pictures Publications and later Warner Bros./Belwin Publications Smith's career with Warner Bros. continued until 2005, when it was bought out by Alfred Publications

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Smith

• braman

Whitney Katherine Smith-mooring

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): michael smith robert smith related: https://biturl.im/sBPhh
  • Tina

The list a fantasy, and why does it take a black man to tell you this? I am not going to put in hours to prove it to you, so you all can be lazy. But the traffic light he invented as a metal sign you hoisted up on a chain, and Detroit had actual working traffic "LIGHTS" in 1920 invented by By William Potts 3 years before your so called inventor listed here did it. I have seen this list before and near 100% of it is a lie. Again I ask why does it take a black man to tell you white people to quit spreading lies and stop your apologetic silliness? Here is a hard to swallow fact that will start a sh*t storm, but it is true. Most so called slaves were NOT slaves, they were indentured servants who begged to work in the USA because if not bought here they would end up in South America where their Spanish masters killed and tortured them to death and the average lifespan of a slave down there was 2 years before being killed. The Christian buyers of blacks from slave markets did it out of sympathy and made contracts called indentured servants, which was a biblical way to pay off debts. The contract was only 6 years with the person released on the start of the 7th year per the bible and ALL debts were considered paid even if they were not actually paid in full. This is where we get our credit report 7 years the debts vanish laws. The indentured servant deal also often included land (40 acres and a mule) with a Mule to help them till/farm their new land. Most so called slaves stayed because they had it very good, and those of us old enough to have lived over 60 years know even back in the 1950's life was really rough. You young people have no clue what rough is, sitting in your air conditioned house, playing stupid tell a lie games on the Internet spreading lies with impunity. We had to really work and when our day was done we had no energy to party and act stupid on the Internet posting selfies. No I am not condemning I am pointing out real facts, not a list of lies. These lists and lies help no black person, they hurt us, and make blacks believe that they can't make it and stop trying is the message, because the deck is stacked. It's pure bullsh*t and I wish people would grown up and check facts before posting lies. Liars and idolaters will have their place in the lake of fire the bible says. Keep spreading lies and see where it gets you silly apologists. Quit hurting blacks buy telling them lies. We don't need lies to succeed. We need to learn to compete by learning a work ethic. I am glad my Father and Mother taught me this as opposed to telling me lies.