No Warm Air Coming Out Vents For Electric Heat Pump?

I have an electric heat pump/ac system. When I first turned it on this year, the outdoor fan wasn't working so I called a repair guy and he replaced the TXV and now it appears to be working normally. However, when the heat comes on, only cool air will come out of the vents but the house still warms up as... show more I have an electric heat pump/ac system. When I first turned it on this year, the outdoor fan wasn't working so I called a repair guy and he replaced the TXV and now it appears to be working normally. However, when the heat comes on, only cool air will come out of the vents but the house still warms up as normal. Does this have something to do with when it turns on the ac to defrost itself and then uses the heat strips to actually heat the house, or does this have anything to do with the freon? When, if ever, would I need to add more freon to the system? And also, when the house warms up and the heat pump turns off, it will start up again only about 15 minutes later ( with the temp being 35-45 F outside currently and the thermostat set to 68 F). Would new insulation help with this as well?
10 answers 10