Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

What is a good credit card to get out of debt?

I am looking for a credit card that has a 0% balance transfer APR for 9+ months. Preferably, I need it to have a $0 balance transfer fee. I have okay credit (720-740) and I make about $20,000/year and I need to eliminate $3000 of credit card debt.

Any advice you have would be appreciated. Please do not tell me that I should not live beyond my means. I will report your answer if you do.

Update:

The problem is that I have $3000 in credit card debt on a card with 24% interest. I have tried to no avail to get them to lower it. I had my card up to $2000 last year and paid if off with money I got from graduation/birthday/Christmas and called them when it was at $0, told them I wouldn't use it until they lowered my interest rate and they said no. An emergency came and I had to use my credit card so now I don't really have that argument anymore.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bank of America right now has 0% checks for balance transfers. Chase has a deal where you get 0% for a fixed period of time OR you can choose 3.99% until it's entirely paid off. However, you can NOT charge any more once you have that 0%, because the new charges won't be paid off until the 0% is paid first, and those higher-interest charges will keep generating interest.

Also, I negotiated Citi down to 1.99% for six months and 8.99% after that, if that helps.

720 is a great credit score: you should be getting offers in the mail.

Try www.citi.com and www.chase.com and www.bofa.com.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Discover card has a good credit card that has 0% on balance transfers for 12 monts, check out www.fastcreditcardapprovals.com under 0% on balance transfer cards

• Gem
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You will be lucky to find such a beast right now. Especially if you have been at your job less than 2 years.

Credit is nearly gone for us little guys. Gone. Gone. Gone.

Anyway, Citibank helped me out last summer, BUT--they have now gotten over $100 billion from the federal government, so they may not be loaning like they were.

Your best bet may be to go to a small, local bank or credit union and see if you can get a personal loan. Better terms, better interest rate and set payment plan.

Good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pay off you credit card debt as if it was an installment loan versus revolving line of credit - you will save a ton of money on interest. Keep your balances below 30% of the credit limit to keep your scores high.

If you need more information on credit cards, credit and other relevant information, visit:

Source(s): www.SmartSolutionsFS.com
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You do not have okay credit,You have good credit! just keeping pay them if you have extra cash pay a Little more,I wish I have your credit score.

You 're doing godd

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.