Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

What is a good credit card to get out of debt?

I am looking for a credit card that has a 0% balance transfer APR for 9+ months. Preferably, I need it to have a $0 balance transfer fee. I have okay credit (720-740) and I make about $20,000/year and I need to eliminate $3000 of credit card debt.

Any advice you have would be appreciated. Please do not tell me that I should not live beyond my means. I will report your answer if you do.

The problem is that I have $3000 in credit card debt on a card with 24% interest. I have tried to no avail to get them to lower it. I had my card up to $2000 last year and paid if off with money I got from graduation/birthday/Christmas and called them when it was at $0, told them I wouldn't use it until they lowered my interest rate and they said no. An emergency came and I had to use my credit card so now I don't really have that argument anymore.

Favorite Answer

Bank of America right now has 0% checks for balance transfers. Chase has a deal where you get 0% for a fixed period of time OR you can choose 3.99% until it's entirely paid off. However, you can NOT charge any more once you have that 0%, because the new charges won't be paid off until the 0% is paid first, and those higher-interest charges will keep generating interest.

Also, I negotiated Citi down to 1.99% for six months and 8.99% after that, if that helps.

720 is a great credit score: you should be getting offers in the mail.

Try www.citi.com and www.chase.com and www.bofa.com.

Discover card has a good credit card that has 0% on balance transfers for 12 monts, check out www.fastcreditcardapprovals.com under 0% on balance transfer cards

• Gem

You will be lucky to find such a beast right now. Especially if you have been at your job less than 2 years.

Credit is nearly gone for us little guys. Gone. Gone. Gone.

Anyway, Citibank helped me out last summer, BUT--they have now gotten over $100 billion from the federal government, so they may not be loaning like they were.

Your best bet may be to go to a small, local bank or credit union and see if you can get a personal loan. Better terms, better interest rate and set payment plan.

Good luck

Pay off you credit card debt as if it was an installment loan versus revolving line of credit - you will save a ton of money on interest. Keep your balances below 30% of the credit limit to keep your scores high.

If you need more information on credit cards, credit and other relevant information, visit:

Source(s): www.SmartSolutionsFS.com

You do not have okay credit,You have good credit! just keeping pay them if you have extra cash pay a Little more,I wish I have your credit score.

You 're doing godd