Are religion classes allowed in Public schools?

Can a public school have a religion class, or are religion classes only allowed in private schools ?? What are the rules and regulations for this, are there any laws?...

please include were you got your information from if possible....(quotes, authors, websites, articles etc...)

• Adrian
    Best Answer

In public schools, No, because the school board has to consider that not every student follows the same religion and it may cause conflicts if religious classes were to be assigned.

In private schools, Maybe, because private school usually follow a specific religion. For instance, Catholics Private schools have bible classes, catholic students, and have churches that students attend.

A school is not a church. Religion has nothing to do with geography. We pledge allegiance to America because we live in America. We do it because we are proud to live in this country and that has nothing to do with God. I will be happy when the day comes when God is taken out of the pledge and off of our money, which is used by people from all types of religions. It is not a big deal to you because you don't mind, it is a big deal to me because I do.

I don't know if they can have a CLASS, but they can cover religious works in, say, literature classes, as long as they give equal credence to multiple religions and treat them as literary and not theological works.

No

Source(s): check out this site theologychecks.com/pubschools