Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why does my Itunes mute randomly while the song is still playing?

I will be sitting here listening to music when all of a sudden out of nowhere the music mutes. The song keeps going but the sound stops. I have to pause and un pause to get the sound back but the song keeps playing. Also sonetimes it goes extremely distorted and very loud. Any thoughts?

I have the latest version of Itunes and have spyware and anti-trojan running. Everything else works fine. It seems to happen more when Interner Explorer is running.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Could possibly be a memory issue.

You might simply not have enough RAM to handle your music player as well as any programs that might be loaded or running in the background. Check your Task Manager to see how much is running when this is happening. You might try disabling some of the programs in your Start-up utility.

Another possibility is that there is not enough hard disk space to accommodate the page file function of your system. Your page file should be set to about 2 - 2 1/2 times your actual RAM. You may want to get rid of some unused programs and clear a little space on your hard drive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.