Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 decade ago

What type of WAN, VPN would be best for this company?

The company has two offices located approximately 50 miles apart, each housing 15-20 employees. Besides the type of WAN & VPN what network remote access would work best and what type of network business applications would be needed?

Favorite Answer

The type of access depends entirely on the business and what is on either side of the network.

A VPN is certainly the cheapest method of access, however if you have a large amount of site-to-site traffic and/or a relatively small internet connection, it might be more advantageous of you to get a private link between the two offices.

50 miles is a bit too large for an OTA (over the air) approach, so I would recommend a private link between the two offices. The cheapest (and smallest capacity) of these would be the private T1 link. That will give you 1.5mb/s of dedicated bandwidth between the facilities. If you need more, I would recommend checking the ISPs in your area for a private ethernet link, either Fiber or cable if you're in an area where the cable service provider can serve your needs.

My answer would have been to use a VPN across the internet, but you said "besides" that. But that would be my first choice for networking two remote sites: a VPN.

The business application would depend entirely upon the nature of the business in question.

/

You only has to go SHOPPING they are diverse companies that they provided all the services and equipment you need one to came to my mind it is Cysco or cisco or ATT or sunmicrosystem, because the most important thing un a businesses environment it it is security and also they backup in their servers all your activity.

My partner and i recommend using VPNPower to unblock websites. I've been using them since four years. http://www.vpnpower.net/