What exactly is "Walking Pneumonia?" What causes it? What can it lead to? ?

I have a very dear friend who's contracted it and I am worried about a condition which sounds pretty serious, and not attended to.

Any thorough answers out there?

Would a person die from it, if they do not seek medical help?

How long would a person sustain it without seeking a cure?

Thanks.

Thanks Steve, will do!

This question was referring to you, Kat...I was hoping by now you'd have found out how you'd treated this. I would not be waiting around..I'll tell you that..You can die from full-blown pneumonia, that I know. Look into WedMed for clues while you wait for this next appointment. I would not just trust that time will favour you. You know fully well, that at times it does not! Please look into the net for answers.

and NOW by the way, please!

• Kat
    Favorite Answer

I honestly wish I knew the answer to this.I have it and for the life of me feel terrible.Ive been to two different Drs and I swear the medical community here are either idiots or simply dont care.I have a follow up appointment with a different doctor tomorrow and think if it is the same outcome I will be going out of town to the hospital.None can seem to give a definite answer when I have asked for a definition or explanation.

From what little I know it should be attended to as soon as possible..

Kick them to a doctor if you have to ...