is it ok to feed my eight month old hamburger?

hamburger meat!!!! not a hamburger

wow if your going to be rude dont answer

she has 6 teeth

• P
    Favorite Answer

It should be fine. Try it out... see how they handle it. If it seems to upset the tummy... hold off for a little longer and try again in a month. If not, then you are good to go. I have been giving my son meats since about 8 months with no problems.

Source(s): Wow... guess I really didn't read the answers above me.... extremely rude. I completely understood your question..... hamburgers...lol. I guess you have to write your questions fool proof, such as ground burger from a cow....lol! Anyway... hamburger isn't unhealthy... as babies diet begins to ween more and more off formula and breastmilk... they need to begin to eat other sources of nutrition. Red meats have many different nutrients that babies need. Most babies aren't ready for a steak, so hamburger is a good alternative. I make casseroles with ground hamburger and veggies all the time and give them to my son. He loves them, and it is healthy for him. I think when most people think of hamburger, they think hamburgers and then think mcdonalds or something. Yes, if full grown adults eat hamburgers all the time, it probably isn't the best choice of a diet. But incorporating meats into a babies diet is excellent. You just need to make sure they are ready to digest them. Babies need meats and fats in their diet! Ignore the rude answers.... they don't know what they are talking about.

Hamburger Baby

Wow some people can't read. Yes it is ok to feed hamburger MEAT to your 8 month old, but I would suggest making sure it is pureed with a veggie until he/she gets used to it. The small bits could get stuck in the throat if not careful.

If your baby is chewing though, I don't see why not. :)

• @ng

Only you truly know when your child is ready to start new foods. If your child has 6 teeth and is handling chewing other foods ok, then sure try a little hamburger meat. I would use a good burger with little fat (drainging the excess off), so you don't have a greasy stool to contend with. Good luck! How exciting it is to see our babies try new things.

I believe in trying to provide a healthy diet to my daughter (she's 11 months) however to be honest she's been dipping into my plate since she was 6 months. I started her out on solids before the rec. age i think like 4 or 5 months. It all depends.. I mean i wouldn't suggest giving your child hamburger meat in a meal, maybe just a bite or a nibble. Do what YOU feel is best for YOUR child. If your child can digest it fine, then you like it, i love it. But you don't want to introduce junk/fatty food to your child so young.

Unless the meat were in tiny, tiny chunks, I wouldn't chance a choking hazard. It's good to give children table food rather than jarred food. However, you might wish to look at the jar food just to get an idea of the food consistency for a child of 8 months.

Uhm, i'm not so sure about that. I forget when I started feeding my now 3 year old son things like that. How many teeth does the baby have? Has your baby had solid foods like that before? I don't think its like, recommended though. They should just be eating those gerber baby foods, no hamburger.

Hope this helped.

Source(s): Mom of a 3 year old && due April 28th w/ #2

Stage 3 foods have meat in it but so small you can hardley see it.

If your going to baby meat make sure its lean and very small bites and quanity.

Some babies do not do formula good and why some parents go to more foods.

try a little at a time give it a couple of days make sure your baby can have regular bm's with meat in baby diet.

I would hold off on eggs and peanut butter till afer 1 or maybe 2

years old.

you know your baby we dont, do what you think is best

8 months is the usual time to start proteins.Just make sure it is fully cooked and maybe add a little bit of meat to something she has eaten before, like some veggies with a teaspoon or less of meat.

Sorry about all the rude answers. I think it will be okay if it is in small small peices and has not salt pepper nothing ect.. be sure to not just give her just that though, it could be hard to digest.