..put family portraits after divorce?

Where in the world do I put portraits of us (my ex-husband, kids, and I) now that we are going through a divorce and I've started a new relationship? I feel awkward keeping them bc I really wouldnt want to see any pictures of my new love's ex. However, there was a lot of money spent on these pictures...so...Im not exactly excited about trashing em either. HELP!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • aljea
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

lol yeah i ask myself the same question. I still have my family potraits hanging on the wall for my son to see, but if I brought a new man around I would wonder what to do with them. If your children like to see them and you dont mind seeing them and your man doesn't mind seeing them, then I dont think it would hurt to have like 1 hanging up for your kids sake. I babysat for a single mom so she could go out with her boyfriend and she had like 1 picture still up of a family pic with her ex husband in it. Her boyfriend didn't seem to mind, but then again not everyone or every circumstance is the same. At the very least just get a nice photo album to put them in...thats what I think im gonna do with mine...I mean they are pictures you cant just throw them away besides they have your kids on them. I think that would be the best thing to do so if your kids want to see them, you can pull them out but at the same time your ex isnt all over your wall lol.

• 1 decade ago

I know...I went through this too.

Obviously you don't want to put up family pictures that include your ex-husband. So take those and put them away somewhere--your kids might want them one day. If you have any portraits just of the kids, you can keep those up.

As far as wedding photos...those I left behind when I left my first husband. I have no idea what he did with them. Probably set them aflame, like I did with my wedding gown.

• 1 decade ago

It was a time in your life. Pack them away safely and give them to your kids. Only put out the pictures of your kids and you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Getting in a hurry to move on aren't you?

Put them on the wall. You'll know when its time to take them down.

And don't ever trash them. If nothing else, the kids will want them someday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hang them down a hallway, or put them in the family room or kid's room.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Put them in storage. When your children are adults, give them the portraits.

• 1 decade ago

just put them in your attic or in storage. no matter what happened you were once a happy family and it would be nice in years to come to look back on it.

have you asked your kids if they want them?

• 1 decade ago

I think you should store them somewhere safe for the kids.

Source(s): me
  • 1 decade ago

if it were a long marriage it might matter i would find a private place for them if he did not want to see them

• 1 decade ago

put them away in boxes or in your kid's room, I wouldn't leave them out in my living room either

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.