Has Obama produced a "birth certificate" or was it a "certificate of live birth"?

What did the Gov. of Hawaii have sealed? It obviously was not the document that has been seen on factcheck.org, so why doesn't Obama produce the document that has been sealed?

I think the document that has been sealed by the Gov. of Hawaii is his actual, original birth certificate.

Why not show it?

Why is Obama so "hush hush" about the subject?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist (like those who think Carl Rove and the Bush Administration planned 9/11), I'm just wondering why Obama doesn't just provide his ORIGINAL birth certificate to put a nail into any conspiracy coffins.

To poster "Josh H": Where is that certified birth certificate? I agree, the ORIGINALs are always kept with the state. I thought it was a "certificate of live birth" that was put online?

To poster "Panda": You are correct, we'll need the Supreme Court to interpret whether or not the founders wanted proof of the 3 requirements to ever have to be presented.

Favorite Answer

What Obama has shown on his websites is a "Certification of Live Birth" or "abstract" that shows some of the information that the State of Hawaii has in their database about Obama's original birth certificate. He can easily get a Certified copy of his original long form birth certificate if he wants to. The long form birth certificate would show what hospital he was born in and the signature of the Doctor that delivered him. One problem is that no Hawaiian hospital has any records of Barack's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham Obama, ever being a patient at one of their hospitals (it could legally be asked and answered because she is deceased.)

It is possible that Barack was not born in Hawaii and is not eligible to be President of the United States. The original birth certificate on file might show that he was born outside of the US.

Here is why I think that is possible :

Because the State of Hawaii routinely issues "Birth Certifications" for children born outside of Hawaii if the parents have been legal residents of the State of Hawaii for at least one year. http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol06_Ch0...

They could even file a certificate simply from the testimony of anyone "having knowledge of the birth." http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/vol06_ch0...

The State of Hawaii does not even consider the "Certification of Live Birth" (the short form as shown on Obama's websites) to be sufficient evidence for some of their government-sponsored programs. They accept only a certified copy of a "Certificate of Birth" (the long form). http://hawaii.gov/dhhl/applicants/appforms/applyhh...

Because Hawaii Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino did not say that Obama was born in Hawaii, or that the birth certification Obama has published on the web is valid. She only said she personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate. http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2008/08-93.pdf

Because it appears to be common knowledge in Kenya that Barack Obama was born there.

Peter Ogego - Kenyan Ambassador to the United States:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98TYSJDrmQ

Youtube thumbnail

Citizens of Kenya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nml0SEbi4

Youtube thumbnail

Because, according to the US State Department laws, Barack Obama's mother didn't meet the requirements to pass on automatic citizenship to her son at birth, if he was born in Kenya. http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

Since his mother was only eighteen at the time of his birth, she doesn't meet the "physically present in the U.S. for five years after the age of fourteen" requirement. If he was born in Kenya, he may not be a citizen at all.

According to the top, it is a "certification of live birth", AKA, "the thing you get when you ask the state for a certified document proving that you were born in that state."

The governor of Hawaii has sealed nothing. It's worth pointing out that she is a Republican, and in fact campaigned for McCain/Palin. So it would seem her interests would not be in hiding anything terrible about the Democratic nominee.

He has shown the same certification that you or I would get when we asked for our birth record.

He is not showing anything additional because there is no point. The proper authorities and 98% of the country is satisfied with what he has shown to date; the remaining 2% would not be satisfied with anything that is shown. Responding to frivolous requests only generates more frivolous requests, as has already been proven.

Note also that the most recent cases that were appealed to the Supreme Court about Obama's citizenship have one thing in common; they're not about his birth certificate. They're about fringe definitions of the phrase "natural born." To quote Donofrio:

"I have REPEATEDLY stated that Obama can release a golden birth certificate signed by 100 gazzillion witnesses embossed in gold leaf that he was born on the mall in Washington DC and it still wouldn’t make him a “Natural Born Citizen”"

So. Showing anything beyond the document Obama has shown, and the State of Hawaii has verified, would be pointless.

Obama is not "hush hush" about his early life. He's written two BOOKS about it, for crissakes.

Anything else?

• Panda

It's not necessary nor does it matter legally one way or the other. No other presidential candidate has ever had a demand like this placed on them . . he already voluntarily released his birth certificate. The state of Hawaii has not only authenticated the birth certificate but said it proves he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. There is nothing 'hush, hush' . . he produced his legal certified birth certificate . . where in the Constitution does it say he needs to produce anything at all anyway.

If someone else asks this question I swear to god I am going to shoot them.

Obama did the same thing as anyone else -- provided a certified copy of his birth certificate. Hawaii further attested that the original is on file. This is the way it is for everybody. Nobody provides an "original birth certificate" -- it's on file with the state and can't be removed from the premises. You get a copy with an embossed seal.

The Supreme Court dismissed these cases.

Obama met the legal requirements to show he is a natural born citizen of the USA.

No other President Elect or Presidential Candidate has ever had to produce an original birth certificate. Why should he? Oh I know, because his name sounds "foreign."

Obama has produced an post 2000-era record of registered birth for the state of Hawaii, of the kind you get by mail when you've lost the original. The photos online all show the word "laser" and a post 2000 date.

I wish the whole BC thing would disappear, but on the other hand, many of Obama's less brainy fans keep linking factcheck and fight the smears as proof without really examining it themselves.

I have not ever witnessed an original birth certificate. I was adopted when I was 8 going on 9 years old in the 1960's by my step father and before my name was changed I saw a COPY of my original birth certificate.

BTW is is McCain who was born Out of country.

• I will type this slowly so that the dim ones can keep up, okay

*the people who HAVE TO see it have seen it

*the public has NO RIGHT to see birth certificates

*when you have a theory about a conspiracy, you ARE a conspiracy theorist

*might I suggest that everyone STOP listening to rabid obese drug-addled radio talk show hosts, and stop watching egotistical overdressed fascist windbags on FauX / Fuxxed / FiX Snewz, okay? they'll stunt your mental growth.

Source(s): Independent Vietnam Vet Taxpayer Mutt

George Washington was born in a British colony how dare he become president of America. Plus i doubt he even had a birth certificate.

but anyways here is Obamas http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth... so quit making excuses it addresses the location of birth as Honolulu. Plus the certificate of live birth is a birth certificate because have you ever heard of a certificate of dead birth? But the post 2000 date is interesting, im gunna look up what it means.

and here is a birth announcement that was published in Hawaii http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth...

The Republican-packed Supreme Court has refused to hear the case. That means it is without merit.

Do you honestly think the DOJ, via the Republican-controlled and headed FBI wouldn't have vetted the man properly? This is, and always has been, laughable.

Next?