My car was broken into last night, what should I do?

Last night I left my car over at my friends house for the night. I left the house and went somewhere else, not thinking anything would happen. The thing is, my friends neighborhood is really nice and expensive. But--my car is a piece of crap. It's an old cavalier. It's not beautiful, or expensive. I even... show more Last night I left my car over at my friends house for the night. I left the house and went somewhere else, not thinking anything would happen. The thing is, my friends neighborhood is really nice and expensive. But--my car is a piece of crap. It's an old cavalier. It's not beautiful, or expensive. I even have a huge dent in it.

The only thing is, I had a bunch of shopping bags in my back seat...good thing they're empty! The only thing they stole was some quarters and my favorite $50 pair of boots. And two shirts. (I changed into different clothes that night.) My whole entire window is gone too, and there's glass everywhere.

I am going to file a report, but will that really do anything? I just want to know who it was. Can they get fingerprints? Would they even waste their time getting prints? Cause I know they do that when someone dies, and obviously car robberies are common, so they might not. But can they?

I am really upset. I love my car, and I'm scared because a picture of me was out in the open--where it wasn't before. I can tell they were searching for something. It's a mess. I wish I could've seen them!! :(
Update: Ps.. I already drove my car home. Can I still file it?