Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 decade ago

Can someone answer my question about how I can successfully pay members of an organization and payroll company?

Ok this is my problem.I am starting a performing arts organization.Performances will only be done twice a month for right now and 10 day rehearsals.I want to pay my members.I heard some businesses do not have to worry about payroll because another company handles that.Can someone explain that to me and if I could use the same thing for my organization.Or should I just take the money from ticket sales and equally split it among them and the rest goes to me.But I think if I do it the way I had planned I may run in to some trouble far as taxes go since it is a money making organization.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Paychex or ADP payroll are national companies that offer this service - don't try to handle the payroll yourself. The IRS has made payroll so complicated that all companies should use a payroll service company.

• 1 decade ago

You can have a local company do it - you tell them the hours & they issue the checks taking care of taxes, social security & tax filing etc.You pay them based on the number of people. Talk to an accountant - CPAs do it but are more expensive I think.

You can do it yourself but still must do the taxes. Programs like quickbooks with Payroll make it easy, and worth it if you don't have a huge payroll. You set up the state tax rates (income tax, unemployment insurance etc) and the program does it all for you. You send off the payments to the state & federal tax every month etc & file returns when necessary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.