Is the "Israel Today" magazine actually Christian?

I'm just wondering because somebody posted a link to an article about a Rabbi writing out the name of Jesus, and then linked to a site started by Messianic Jews/Christians. I did some digging to see if I could find the original article and I did find it here:... show more I'm just wondering because somebody posted a link to an article about a Rabbi writing out the name of Jesus, and then linked to a site started by Messianic Jews/Christians.

I did some digging to see if I could find the original article and I did find it here: http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.asp...

I'm totally confused though. Is that really a Jewish periodical, or is that really a Christian one? They have more Christian content than you would think you'd find in a true-to-form Jewish mag.

PS- If it is actually Christian, isn't it a bit weird that they suggest the messiah will be coming BACK--like in bodily form and have to repeat the whole process! That's not even a Christian concept.

Please, no more lectures on messianic jews being Christian. I myself am just as perplexed that they don't call themselves Christian either. It goes both ways...
Update: To Sarcastic Iconoclast: So it's definately a mag put out by "messianics" = it's not a Jewish one at all, right? I've understood messianics to be by and large Christian - so I don't understand why they would pose the idea that the Christian messiah would appear or reappear in bodily... show more To Sarcastic Iconoclast:
So it's definately a mag put out by "messianics" = it's not a Jewish one at all, right?

I've understood messianics to be by and large Christian - so I don't understand why they would pose the idea that the Christian messiah would appear or reappear in bodily human form. Christian scripture actually warns *against* that.

Wow. Puzzled. Thanks for answering though :)
Update 2: Also, please, could we refrain from calling others names. Especially derogatory things like "cockroaches." It's just bad form, really...
Update 3: Thank you Kismet, that was a delightful and well thought out answer. I do wish to add that after much contemplation of my own as well as consideration for and of years of Christian apologetic writing, my interpretation of the Christian faith and what the Christian messiah has done and will continue to do is quite... show more Thank you Kismet, that was a delightful and well thought out answer. I do wish to add that after much contemplation of my own as well as consideration for and of years of Christian apologetic writing, my interpretation of the Christian faith and what the Christian messiah has done and will continue to do is quite different from the Jewish interpretation. However, I'm still eager to hear from others as often as possible, even inspite of the differences :)
Update 4: Sad about all the thumbs down! They're not coming from me :(
Update 5: Cher: Yes, I'd meant that I was surprised that they (messianics) don't call themselves "christians"!! Why wouldn't they want to be known as christians? It's even strange from the Christian vantage point. You might be surprised to know that they visit our churches too. They raise money... show more Cher: Yes, I'd meant that I was surprised that they (messianics) don't call themselves "christians"!! Why wouldn't they want to be known as christians? It's even strange from the Christian vantage point.

You might be surprised to know that they visit our churches too. They raise money for their cause, but they warn us to "stay away from Jews" because we're supposedly not jewish enough to engage the topic. As you can imagine, they are well received by the christian community and we hand over our dollars thinking we are doing the "nation" of Israel some kind of service. If we knew we were causing harm, or aiding in this much controversy, most of us would back completely away.

It's why I ask questions like this. My religion teaches me to be considerate of others, and not to usurp by deceptive means. I don't like being deceived either! And I absolutely don't encourage this kind of approach used by these "christians".